Following the Roadmap: grouping vehicles, rank changes, and improvements to premium vehicles

The Saab105 gets CCIP for it’s bombs and rockets though. And once you learn how to aim the guns well, they take anything down with a few hits.

Saab105OE doesn’t get CCIP or bombs for that matter and 105G can only equip 2 1000lb bombs if you want guns and AAMs.

Sure you can learn the guns and they hit hard if you actually hit, but don’t even try to say they are anywhere near 6x50cals.

the mig 17 is quite diffrent from the mig 15, It handles more differently and does not compress as much. you are aware this will help players who are in 9.0 hell, It would make them go to the supersonics and make researching much easier. that’s the point of this change to help players who are stuck in br’s to help them progress to the next one

Honestly, and it may seem a bit ungrateful, but what about those that have spent those millions of RP already? Having US, Germany, USSR, and France to top rank already just feels like a huge waste of time now. It would be nice for those players that have already put in all of this RP to get some sort of compensation for MONTHS and YEARS of grinding (or hundreds, or thousands of dollars) for millions of XP to be deemed “unfair” to realize you got to grind through everything at the peak of difficulty. This is a great change for new and mid level players don’t get me wrong, just seems like you missing thousands of loyal players effected by this system.

And to quote Schindibee
“Imagine going into a shop asking to get money back because an item is now cheaper that it was before… ;-)”

This is more akin to a class action suite against Gaijin for abusing its players for years. Its a crass and poor excuse to not offer some sort of remorse for those who enjoyed the game enough to play despite the disadvantages and poor excuse for progression or have Gaijin already forgot how we got to this point?

1 Like

Here’s my general thoughts.

In the American aviation tree I think the F-80A-5 and F-80C-10 can be foldered together. Not really sure why they are still separate.

In the Russian ground tree I think the BMP-2 and BMP-3 should be foldered together and the Obj 685 and 2S25 should be together.

I also think in the Russian helicopter tech tree the Mi-24V and P variants which are both 9.7 BR and near identical weaponry should be foldered together.

Honestly certain combinations make no sense like the Rooikats and Olifants.

1 Like

the object is literally on a bmp 3 chassis, look at my proposed changes, and they are foldered much more logically.

I think the USN fighter line changes need to be looked at, it’s complete chaos and follows no logical progression now.
I would suggest ranks 2-4 be reworked to something like

F2A-3
F4F-3 (F4F-4)
F4U-1A (F4U-1A USMC F4U-1D)

F6F-5 (F6F-5N)
F4U-1C (F4U-4)
F8F-1

F4U-4B
F8F-1B
F7F-1

5 Likes

That is similar to what we proposed here, but you can make it neater by folding both bearcats. and the second buffalo in with the first one

We cover that in the proposal, as those two aircraft are completely unrelated.

Yeah I considered those too, but getting the hellcats sorted out was my main concern.

1 Like

The proposal we put in place involves keeping the line as is, with simply a folder for the buffalo and the early corsairs, as the tree in the present state is as you describe, which we outline in the proposal

me and @super_cacti went through all the trees extensivly, all the issues people are having with the ordering and folders are outlined in the proposal, so you should go over there and support them as it covers all the minor gripes regarding the folders, as issues like this crop up in a few of the trees, which seem to have been done blindly based on current brs for air realistic

2 Likes

We cover that weird shift of the WZ in our proposal here: Comprehensive proposal to Improve the proposed Grouping of vehicles

some of the foldering choices as said are horrible

1 Like

A lot if not all of of your suggestions are covered by our comprehensive coverage of the tech trees which can be found here if you want to go and give that some support: Comprehensive proposal to Improve the proposed Grouping of vehicles

From my experience, landing a single pass is enough to down anything other than some Russian planes. 50s can be inconsistent. Also, at 8.3, 2 1000lb bombs with CCIP is all you need for CAS.

It handles more differently and does not compress as much.

I just checked with WTRTI but, MiG-15/MiG-15bis and MiG-17 pulls almost same AoA at over 800km/h when you are using keyboard/mouse control. Probably you have that opinion because you have either not played both the MiG-15/MiG-15bis or MiG-17 at all or just a few times.I don’t know about sim because instructor on MiG-17 works so hard in current game but, it is kinda offtopic.

Anyway, it is just a placebo or something similar, and there is literally nothing different between the MiG-15bis and the MiG-17 other than the 3D model other than top speed, roll rate, and weight. Even on flat turns at same speed, the MiG-15bis turns almost as well as the MiG-17, and the T/W is almost the same.

Your argument to me sounds like “i JuSt fInIsHeD rEsEaRcHiNG oN tHe mY MiG-17. LeT mE rEsEaRcH MiG-23MLD WitH oNLy tHiS 9.0BR plAnE REEEEEEEE”.

BTW, MiG-19 and MiG-21 (F-13/SMT) have completely different FM from MiG-17 and MiG-15/MiG-15bis, so even if new players researched them with MiG-17, they won’t handle them smoothly.

Sure, if you actually hit the enemy.

With F84F 50s you can use 100 rounds just to aim with the tracers, 100 rounds to kill the enemy, kill 4 dudes and you still have more ammo left than saab105 when it spawned.

But… We aren’t talking about CAS?
Atleast i’ve been talking about AirRB whole time.

I didn’t see a game mode so I just figured you guys were comparing the vehicles in every aspect. Which the turnrate of the F84F needs to be taken into account. Since, it may have the ammo count to kill 4 plus targets; if those targets are dogfighting you, you’re basically dead

1 Like

I hope gaijin can remake Chinese Ground Tree by this chance. And here is my suggestion.

2 Likes

Which is exactly the same with the saab… That thing turns like f104 without the speed.

Also @Smin1080p i hope the foldered vehicles will also have reduced SL cost?