Flakpanzer IV (3 cm Flakvierling) ‘Zerstörer 45’

You missed the part where it states only the mobelwagan prototype was built.

2 Likes

And TOG with 76 mm was the only version that got built, Yak 141 never had any kind of armament and R2Y2s and HO-RI production aren’t even real and the list continues but i think what i am trying to say is clear

Btw don’t play with words buddy even in the pics and documents all of them stated that the gun was first built on Mobelwage and never sed it was only built on the Mobelwage meaning there was other prototypes not to mention that the Mobelwage was only for testing and never meant to nor was supposed to be the Zerstörer 45 since it never came close to the requirements
TRkfxGU

3 Likes

No it isn’t.

The one that is in the museum right now is the 94 mm version. It was believed for a very long time that it was a 17 pounder because the museum inspected the interior of the turret and the breech matched that of the 17 pounder, but in reality, the “28 pounder” as it is called actually uses the same breech as the 17 pounder, and the barrel diameter is 94 mm as it has been measured.

4 Likes

So your telling me the Tog II use a breach that can fire a 76mm shell to fire 94mm shell how is this even possible

Both the 17 and pounder have a 135 rim diameter for their casings, all that is needed is a barrel change.

That’s all the 28 pounder is. Pretty much a 17 pounder with a new barrel to fire 94 mm projectiles

4 Likes

Honestly, at this point, we already have the Ostwind II (which also is up for debate on whether it was built or not) so I don’t see the issue in eventually adding the actual Flakpanzer IV Zerstörer 45. Gaijin could even group it with the Mobelwagen test vehicle.

As for the TOG II*, yeah the II* does indeed have a 94mm 28-pounder that uses the breach of the 17pdr. Andrew Hills talks about it a bit in his book on the TOG II. Bovington even confirmed it does have a 94mm 28 Pounder as well from what I remember.

1 Like

In this case, I trust Mr H. Doyle’s image which clearly is not a Möbelwagen, has a turret on it, and is labeled Zerstörer 45 - Prototyp. In addition to this, some fool on the russian forum claims that this is an image of one:

That is clearly a Wirbelwind with the Canvas Muzzle covers.

5 Likes

Those are very clearly not Mk 103 cannons as the barrels are far too short.

2 Likes

That is why I used the word ‘fool’

2 Likes

Then you know that the picture isn’t showing a “Zestorer 45” and is therefore fairly meaningless to this topic.

3 Likes

Bc this pic was used in the Zerstörer 45 suggestion on the Russian forum but some how the suggestion was approved while mine got denied over and over it may not be relevant to this topic but it’s relevant to me

3 Likes

They removed my post on reddit just because i point out that this is not the Zerstörer 45

3 Likes

The War Thunder subreddit isn’t connected to the official War Thunder forum in any way. The mods on their follow their own rules, which I assume you might’ve broken the “no memes on weekdays” rule.

2 Likes

I know that i send it here bc it’s related to my topic and no i never post it as meme it was drama and trying to correct the misunderstanding that Gaijin caused by labelling the imagery tank that they gave us as Zerstörer 45

The Zerstörer 45 prototype was built by the Kommando Ostbau-Sagan Werke, the workshop responsible for creating most of the other Flakpanzers. It utilized a Möbelwagen chassis as a testbed for the 3 cm Flakvierling, and from most sources it’s indicated that the testbed was the only thing constructed while the intended production vehicle on the Wirbelwind was never constructed and otherwise cancelled for one reason or another.

This is atop the fact that the “Zerstörer 45” name is likely just a postwar creation, like the “Jumbo” for the M4A3E2s. While I’m a fan of more accurate names, calling this the “Zerstörer 45” is a lot more simplier and better for gameplay than its actual likely name of “3 cm Flakvierling. auf Flak. Pz. IV Fgst.” or something similar. It’s still somewhat accurate, since the Möbelwagen testbed was still apart of the same program and the only one built of the two.

3 Likes

Great point but here is the thing i am fighting for the Zerstörer bc ngl i hate the double standards set by Gaijin we have some fake things in the game some of them were never built and some of them were unfinished, just like Kronshtadt that Gaijin chose to finish them selves to add to the game but look at the other side and you will see them removing the Flakpanzer 341 bc it was unfinished and just like r2y2, Ho-ri production, Ostwind II and other examples that we mentioned in this topic think Gaijin should have add the final form of the Zerstörer 45 which was intended for production instead of this cheap attempt

You might see it as just drama but that is very much a meme format.

Additionally, you had flaired it as “Drama” which could potentially even lead to an incorrect flair.

2 rules could be considered broken there if you get down to the details.

Fair point i kind missed these details

They don’t have double-standards and have been clear about the standards they do have concerning incomplete or paper vehicles.

• Ground vehicles must have been completed, except for special limit-time event vehicles (E-100, Japanese Tiger I). An exception is made if no immediate real replacement for the vehicles can be found, which is why the Ho-Ri still hasn’t been removed, or if they’re “close enough,” i.e. the M1KVT which should be an M1A1KVT or the RadPz 90 which should have a non-functional turret. The Panther II mit 8,8 cm and the Tiger II mit 10,5 cm were literally impossible with both of their breeches having to be shrunk to fit in their turrets, and the Panther II mit 8,8 cm being a combination of four unrelated proposals, prototypes, and productions that ranks among WoT’s fictional tanks.
  • Air vehicles may only be partially completed, but only if they’re filling in a gap or otherwise fluffing out a lineup. This applies to the Yak-141 (unarmed prototype), the J6K1 (mockup), Me 264 V4 (unarmed prototype), Ho 229 V3 (unarmed prototype), BV 238 V1 (unarmed prototype), Sea Meteor F. Mk. 3 (unarmed prototype), Swift F. Mk. 7 (missile-only prototype). Other times vehicles have been removed for being fictional, such as the XP-38G-LO which got replaced by the YP-38-LO or the German P-47D-25-RE being replaced by the real P-47D-16-RE. There are only a few examples of full fictional or paper vehicles remaining, including the: Chinese MiG-15bis late (in reality I-307 prototype), Kikka (unbuilt fighter version), R2Y2s (all paper proposals), F-16AJ (paper proposal).
  • Naval vehicles may only be partially completed as long as they were laid down. While you only pointed out the Pr. 69 «Kronshtadt», this also applies to the Type 1936C Z 46 and the Z 47, the Bayern-class SMS Sachsen, the Pr. 68bis «Shherbakov», the Conte di Cavour-class RN Conte di Cavour. The steel Type 5, in reality the Ke-I kō, is complete paper, merely being a proposal while its wooden counterpart, Ke-I otsu, was the one built.

The Kronshtadt isn’t special and they’ve been adding partially completed vehicles for a while. They could add the fully completed Zerstorer 45, but I don’t think that crosses their threshold of necessary when the Kugelblitz and the Ostwind II exists.

2 Likes