Fix the sound please

It happens more and more i get shot from tanks right next to me that i heard behind a wall/building/hill in another location and then the motor sound disapears and few seconds later i am dead by the very same tank that just circled somehow around me.

For example i had a SPAA in berlin map right in front of me behind a wrecked tram we fired at each other and moving back and forth to cut LOS and then 10 meters behind me a T80 shoots me in the back out of nowhere. I can hear in open maps a T80 hundreds of meters but in this scenario his motor just started to roar in the same moment he shoots at me.
This happend in the past but nowadays quite often to me.

Another scenario vietnam map, i hear a LEO 2A6 behind a the hills near objective A about 50 to 100 meter away also i hear his tracks, in 3rd person i cannot spot him but locate him directly behind a hill by sound. Then he shoots at one of my team mates in the oposite direction of me and i see his gun smoke. i turned my vehicle 180 degree to prepare my pre-aim shot on the corner where he was. same moment i think he turned of his motor because it was silent after my teammate died by him. Bext thing that happens is that he was driving around my hill and shoot me in the back and again i hear his motor same moment he shoots at me again. I ve reported those things 3 or 4 ago years already but now its even worse.

I disabled in audio the tinitus thinking that might have to do something with it but it didnt help. Also i have my 3rd computer with completly different hardware since past 4 years so its not on my end.

30% of the clashes i do are related to sound, i can track the enemy without seeing him.
unlike many players that seem to have Dr. Dre Beats on thier head and listen to hip hop or techno that i kill i realy utilyze the sound. But mebe those players just have the same issue, otherwise very often i wonder how stupid he must have been not didnt hear me or watching my teammates getting shot from a tank that i pinged on map right next to them and they seem completly deaf.

i think there is something broken with sound. i have the feeling it has to do with the spotting mechanics, often when i spot a tank near me around 200m its motor sounds pops up same time. the very same type of tank i can hear in other occasions 300 to 400 meters already.

realy weird

edit:

I just had a t90 around the corner waiting for me less than 20 meters away and i hear his engine. He pinged me on map so buddy came to help him which i expected and i was in binocular view looking oposite direction than my gun is facing. as i switched to external view and did a look around i heard his buddy coming while looking in his direction aprox 150m away and the engine sound of the t90 faded, i turned the camera back to the corner then i heard his engine again but now the buddys engine faded to silence. i did this twice and as his buddy was up close and shoot at me every engine was audible no matter where i am facing!

1 Like

Skip to 3:40 go on camera 2 and see that the CV105 is silent to me. yes i can hear shootings but i also hear engines to the left that were the reason iam going there to help cap A. If you switch to the CV you can hear my engine perfectly fine as i came out of under the bridge and even before but i hear his engine only at the moment he shoots at me despite the fact he is going back and forth due CQB witzh another guy

https://warthunder.com/en/tournament/replay/236743845807510581

Here is another example of a situation,
fast forward to 6:50 and choose camera 2. u can see i can hear the leopard around 60m behind a building passing my line of sight while i play peekaboo with a t80 around the corner. as he gets support, i hear the second engine i retreat and while doing so i get hit from the side and right after that i hear another engine.

https://warthunder.com/en/tournament/replay/236719819760418742

Or here on Fulda, go to minute 4:40 as i came back for those 2 that i encountered before and while i am peeking above hills he is right next to me, coming uphill, meaning his engine should be more noisy because of the power needed but yet same time i hear the engines of them 2 as i am in line of sight and too late, i am dead.

again choose camera 2 skip to 4:40

https://warthunder.com/en/tournament/replay/236733709684672150

as you can see in this replay on fulda it is like it should , the engines are audible much earlyer than in the game! As you hear the engine of them you see i would hav had plenty of time to react but you see i slew my turret to the left that is the moment when i heard the engines in game, there is a 2-3 second difference!

My ping is mostly 30ms +/- 10 and 0-1 PL if any

the sound is broken, period.