Fix the F-14b radar

It’s not less important, it’s busted on lots of planes.

1 Like

The issues with TWS have been acknowledged and will be fixed as well as the ability to fire AIM-7’s with a TGP attached.

1 Like

Not sure if I’m misunderstanding here, but can the AIM-7’s not be fired currently if you have the LANTIRN, or are you saying they are going to give the F-14 the ability to fire AIM-7’s via TGP?

I’ve previously done a bug report that was acknowledged regarding the TCS and its functionalities and it seems like this is sort of what you’re referring to, but not quite?
F-14B AN/AAX-1 TCS is missing all functionalities except its lock and zoom functions - DEV - Actioned Bug Reports - War Thunder - Official Forum

It was regarding this report Community Bug Reporting System

Ah, that’s unfortunate, minor niche bug being fixed instead of major sensor functionality modelling issue :(

1 Like

The patch this morning both fixed and broke the radar on the F-14B.

It fixed the TWS track break issue. The fix, however, created a worse bug that makes it where if the target is in view of the TCS, it won’t let you turn on the missile seeker head for either the sparrows or the phoenix. If the TCS is not tracking a locked target, you can turn on the seeker, but they are obviously out of the firing circle.

Big ooof. Very much in need of a hotfix!

@Gunjob

Flown in test flight, with a 2 phoenix, 3 sparrow, 2 sidewinder loadout. Tested with both TWS and pd and src locks.

1 Like

That is unfortunate, could you please write up a report, don’t forgot to include screenshots using the in game function and a CLOG. I’ll get it forwarded.

1 Like

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/GKvIPdBdAKdw

Acknowledged and a fix applied. Supposed to be fixed in the next patch, which I would guess is tomorrow morning.

Ahh that’s great news.

1 Like

The tws on f14A still change the target suddenly

You act like US jets suffer or something?

Are you talking about tracking someone with TWS at large distances like 40km away and when you hard lock it changes to a completely different target sometimes at a vastly different position? That seems to happen to every TWS radar, mig29 being the worse I’ve seen. I don’t know if is a feature of a bug tbh

1 Like

Its the oppost, its in the soft lock at all ranges, this problem came out in the anterior major update

Take attetion on the radar screen, when you will fire Fox 3 on target, you cannot because it suddenly change the lock on the nowhere target that you don’t want

It happen on tornado ADV

Yeah I’ve seen it, but very rarely. Do you have high ping/latency by any chance when that happens?

1 Like

With me this bug is costantly frequent, i play ps4, i cant know the information about ping, but this bug is INSANAlY BORING and UNKIND, because you cannot fire on the target that want and waste soo much time to ajust back to target that you want, this time that you lost, you could fire the Phoenix and escape from the enemy lock and the missile goes Pitbull, but waste time and you Will think do what i say you take a r27ER from nowhere

Maybe is a grapic error

Can’t you see your ping and packet loss in the left-down corner?

I cant, but my game dont crash by lag or my plane crash to the ground.
But i cant see ping data on screen