Fiat G82

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

Description: The Fiat G82 was an Italian post-war jet fighter/trainer. It was the development of the Fiat G80. After the experience with the G80 Fiat, we tried to improve some performance since the test proved that the aircraft needed some improvements. The biggest change was regardless of the propulsion, where the de Havilland Goblin was replaced with the more powerful Rolls Roice Nene. This was actually the biggest and most important change compared to the previous model. Thanks to the new engine, it was capable of reaching a better max speed, better flight performance, a better climb rate, and more weapons. But the engine also consumed more fuel, so in addition, the aircraft got two fuel tanks at the ends of the wings. The G82 made its first flight back in May 1954. The aircraft was actually made to take part in the 1955 Nato trainer competition. Unfortunately, the aircraft was not selected as the winner, and Fiat was only able to secure a total of four orders plus the prototype from the Italian Air Force. In the Italian Air Force, the aircraft was used for training, and it was dismissed in 1959.

Why it should be in the game: Alongside the Fiat G80 this aircraft is needed since Italy is lacking of early jets. This one alongside the G80 will be very good multy role aircrafts.

Specifications

Spoiler

Length: 12.93m
Wingspan: 11.84 m
Height: 4.07m
Wing area: 25.14 m²
Empty weight: 4 400 kg
Max take-off weight: 7 000 kg
Engine: Rolls-Royce Nene RNe.6/21 turbojet
Thrust: 24.02 kN (2 499 kgf, 5 340 lbf)
Max speed: 925 km/h at 3 000 m
Rate of clim: to 9 000 m in 10 min 30 s
Autonomy: 1 150km

Spoiler

Tangency: 13 000 m (practical)

Armaments

Spoiler

Machineguns/cannons
4x 12.7 mm machine gun (two on the nose and two under wings pilons)
4x 20 mm Hispano Mk804 cannons (two on the nose and two under wings pilons)
Rokets
8x HVAR
62x 2.75 inch rokets
112x 2.0 inch rokets
Bombs
2x 14 kg bombs
2x 100 kg bombs
2x 230 kg bombs
2x 250 kg bombs
2x 260 kg bombs
2x 500 lb Napalm bombs

Sources

Spoiler

https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_G.82
https://xoomer.virgilio.it/f5avipatches/g82%20page.html
http://avioblog.it/i-caccia-addestratori-fiat-g-80-e-fiat-g-82/
https://www.breakoutcards.co.uk/fiat-g80-g82---trainer---warplanes-collectors-club-card
http://www.airwar.ru/enc/attack/g82.html

Pictures

Spoiler

10 Likes

+1

Italy desperately needs dedicated Ground Attack & CAS aircraft at Tier V

4 Likes

The fact this plane still isn’t in this game is proof Gaijin doesn’t give a crap about Italy.

The G.80/82 are about 5 years overdue at this point.

11 Likes

+1

2 Likes

Big +1! Would love to see more unique early jets

4 Likes

+1, Italy needs more strike-trainers. I suppose it could go in the bomber line, but anywhere would make a difference

4 Likes

Alternatively the F-84F, G & Tornado can move into the bomber line while the G.82 can potentially start a domestic Italian Attack Aircraft line continuing from the P-47

5 Likes

This is the truth.

2 Likes

+1 amazing research, the whole fiat trainer/attack /fighter lineup as shown in the images of the suggestion must be added ! this is needed in italian tech tree

3 Likes

Obvious add is obvious
Idk how this isn’t already in the game, literally a perfect 7.0 or 7.3 vehicle for that massive gap Italy currently has

6 Likes

This would require Gaijin to spend money…

What?
They already do, they add original Italian stuff all the time, this is just an obvious addition

Not actually. Yes they added the AMX this patch but this was Just a case. The last aircraft with a new 3D model added before the AMX was the FC20. That Is basically to point out the very Little interest that the devs has regarding the Italian TT.

2 Likes

The F-104S-ASA
The Tornado
The Harrier +

While not strictly Italian aircraft, they are Italian aircraft, especially in their configurations and construction

Your point, I’m guessing, is that Gaijin doesn’t really have a concern to add Italian only aircraft, which is just not true, evidenced by, as I said, the AMX

ASA was added longo ago and It wasn’t a new model since the F104 model was alredy in game.
The tornado was made for trhee nations and not only for Italy and therefore It cannot be considerated for Italy in the specific. The AV8B was modelled using the GR7 model, It wasn’t a new One.

2 Likes

There it goes! My point, it flew right over your head! Watch it fly by yet again!

The AMX exists, thus your point doesn’t make any sense

I could say that Gaijin is actually a bunch of giraffes coding on a Mac book from 2011

I have no evidence of that, and you have no evidence for yourself

what are You even talking about? The last exclusive new model for Italian air before the amx was the fc20, it’s a known fact , i don’t know what You want to prove.

2 Likes

That it doesn’t cost them any more money then they already spend

It’s a point that doesn’t make any sense

Gaijin pays for new models every update, and sometimes it’s an Italian model, sometimes it’s not, it doesn’t change that they already spend the money

Useless argument

Most of the time there isn’t anything new for specifically forn Italy. So for You Italy get the same Number of new models as the Usa, Germany or Russia? I bought You various evidences of this and yet You only bought Your opinion.

1 Like

IT DOESNT MATTER

WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND
GAIJIN ALREADY SPENDS MONEY
THE AMX IS PROOF THAT THEY ARE WILLING TO SPEND MONEY ON NEW ITALIAN MODELS

That is the fact
They already do

You want them to not spend money for whatever reason

Idk what you are trying to accomplish

But gaijin already spends money on new models, and even on Italian only models
So your “point”, if you can even call it that, is moot

I don’t care that Italy didn’t get a ton of new models last year