Fiat CANSA F.C.20 ter, a brutally powerful beast.

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

Fiat CANSA F.C.20 ter

History

In 1940 the engineer Giacomo Mosso designed a reconnaissance plane, called the F.C.20, and just under a year later the plane made its first flight. The vehicle did not satisfy the Regia Aeronautica, so the vehicle was modified and upgraded into the ground attack aircraft known as the F.C. 20bis. About two years later, the vehicle was modified and upgraded again, and was renamed F.C. 20ter. After this, yet another version was built based more directly on the F.C.20bis, but it is not the vehicle we will consider now. The F.C. 20ter was tested and significantly improved compared to the F.C.20bis, but unfortunately with the armistice and various other problems the only known example of the F.C. 20ter was left alone and was most likely captured by the Germans after 8 September. No specimen has currently survived.

Armament and propulsion

The aircraft was armed with a long-barreled Breda Mod.39 37/54 37mm main gun, carried two 12.7 mm machine guns in the wings, a bomb load of a maximum of 500 kg and a 12.7 mm defensive machine gun mm in non-rotating turret.
In terms of propulsion, the aircraft was equipped with two Fiat A.80 RC.41 engines of 1000 CV each, which would have allowed the aircraft to reach a maximum speed of 420 km/h. The vehicle was also equipped with airbrakes to carry out dive attacks.

Photos and drawnings.

Spoiler

Sources.

Spoiler

Fiat CANSA F.C.20 - Wikipedia
CANSA FC.20 - Wikipedia
https://www.lasecondaguerramondiale.org/aerei/regia-aeronautica/566-fiat-cansa-f-c-20.html
STORMO! Planet Models 1/72 FIAT CANSA FC.20 by Richard Mendes
CANSA FC.20ter: More bark than bite. | Aviation Rapture
FC20TER - WAR THUNDER ITALIAN TECH TREE
CANSA FC.20 History and Specifications - Comando Supremo
Airplanes in the skies + FAF history: CANSA FC.20
CANSA FC.20 - Alchetron, The Free Social Encyclopedia

5 Likes

+1 we need proper italian ducks

2 Likes

+1

yessssss gimi gimi iiii +1
+1
+1

This one wasn’t able to mount bombs was it, like the 20bis can. or is that unknown?

I’m just unsure about the bomb load.

1 Like

Was the 12.7mm defensive gun in a flexible mount, or was it legitimately fully fixed with no movement whatsoever? Regardless, I love this thing, and it would be really fun!

It was mounted in a semi-rotating turret, similar to the one of the Stuka.

1 Like

Ah, that makes sense. Great!

1 Like

haha yes

1 Like

I was going to suggest it myself, then I noticed this post, great vehicle, should be in play at BR 2.0

1 Like

+1 hell yeahhhhh

1 Like