Fair Play: May 2024

fairplay_940x530

We’re constantly working on removing cheaters from War Thunder. We rely on the Easy Anti-Cheat system to check for prohibited software usage, as well as on reports from players that we carefully go through. You can use the replay service on our website to report players to us who have violated the Terms of Service and the License Agreement of the game.

Banned accounts

In the first two weeks of May 2024, we’ve blocked 3,468 accounts that were found to have violated the rules. Specifically 3.2.3 of the EULA namely in the automation of gameplay (using bots) and cheat software. For complete transparency, we’re publishing the full list of these blocked players.

This list will be available for two weeks after the publication of this article.

Recommendations

We recommend that you set a strong password for your account and enable two-step authentication in your profile. This will protect your account from fraudsters. And remember, don’t use forbidden client modifications and never share your account information with anyone!

War Thunder Team

38 Likes

Keep up the great work!

5 Likes

Well done!!!

5 Likes

target-destroyed-war-thunder (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1)

18 Likes

Obvious reported cheaters still not banned. Even when sent directly to GMs after submitting report from replay…

7 Likes

Keep up the pressure

1 Like

Thanks for providing the data!

Imho “complete transparency” would mean:

1. Adding a column stating the reason (botting or “real” cheating)
  2. Adding if the ban is temp or permanent

Have a good one!

10 Likes

Also explaining why there were no bans between the first two weeks of April and the first two weeks of May, while you’re at it. Bottom half of the month you get amnestied? :)

3 Likes

Good riddance to those filthy cheats, keep up the great work yall!

3 Likes

Haha Zwory1, get bonked you dirty cheater. Knew something was up and the replays showed it

1 Like

I would imagine it’s better to not reveal the specific reason as doing so lets these individuals know exactly what got them caught and adjust accordingly. If they’re using a variety of cheats/hacks, leaving that out in the ban list means the hacker has to guess which one got them their ban. Just like it’s better to ban in massive waves versus just one the spot individually.

5 Likes

Meanwhile AF campers, space climbers, kill stealers and teamkillers continue to make Air RB as “fair” and “fun” as possible.

Edit: Post is on topic, flagged by trolls.

1 Like

Airfield campers are an issue in GRB too, but I get what you’re saying. I don’t inherently see an issue with fudging base AA numbers, in the case of a buff, so that they can better protect air spawns/fields.

I see your point.

But i asked mainly for transparency for fair players - as imho there is a huge quality difference between “botting” and “real cheats” - as the first group is imho just annoying, whilst the second group is trying to get an illegal advantage vs other players - and has therefore (at least from my pov) a way more destructive impact on the game experience.

Nobody asked for specific details of used cheats. Hope this clarifies my request.

1 Like

Cheaters still buy premium vehicles though, as well as premium time. So it’s not very profitable to ban them all.

Find the sweet spot between appeasing normal players who don’t want to be overwhelmed by cheaters - and cheaters who want to feel like buying premiums isn’t too high of a risk.

Any more xenophobic/racist comments?
Please re-read our forum rules and start behaving like a civilised human being.
I am ashamed to read your slander. If you cannot, please leave our forum.

22 Likes

Excuse me, sir?

What happened

I’m one of the people who got banned. I logged into my account this morning and saw my account was permanently banned for basically hacking. I don’t even know how to hack a Tamagotchi let alone War thunder. I Suspect my account was hacked due to experiencing suspicious activity on my game a couple of months ago. For example, some of my lineups had been changed or rearranged. I believe that I was banned for this reason. I already submitted a support ticket on this incident and hope that they see I’m innocent. I’ve got plenty of evidence to back up my claim.

1 Like

Oh, if we’re gonna talk about weird corners of the playerbase:

Spoiler

6300 games in the last 30 days, huh?

5 Likes