Fair Play: August 2024

uk_repair_940_be6829ff5ea5238206d286ca19

We’re constantly working on removing cheaters from War Thunder. We rely on the Easy Anti-Cheat system to check for prohibited software usage, as well as on reports from players that we carefully go through. You can use the replay service on our website to report players to us who have violated the Terms of Service and the License Agreement of the game.

Banned accounts

Since our last fair play, we’ve blocked 8551 accounts that were found to have violated the rules. Specifically 3.2.3 of the EULA namely in the automation of gameplay (using bots) and cheat software.

For complete transparency, we’re publishing the full list of these blocked players. This list will be available for two weeks after the publication of this article.

Recommendations

We recommend that you set a strong password for your account and enable two-step authentication in your profile security settings. We have the following 2FA options available: email, SMS, TOTP (Gaijin Pass/Google Authenticator), and Telegram bot, which we suggest trying if SMS 2FA messages are not reaching you.

We’d also suggest that you turn on 2FA for the email that is linked to your account for additional security. This will protect your account from fraudsters. And remember, don’t use forbidden client modifications and never share your account information with anyone!

War Thunder Team

24 Likes

Let me quote myself from the previous topic. Unfortunately, my question was not answered there:

Could you please explain why the two-step authentication via e-mail isn’t enabled by default, after registering the game account?

I don’t know how secure the Gaijin’s website is, but it’s a bit weird that so many players got their passwords cracked. And without the two-step authentication they will never know this until they see themselves banned.

I’m sure that enabling the two-step authentication via e-mail by default would only benefit Gaijin. There could be an option to disable it, but by default it should be enabled in my opinion.

Or at least, why not sending security e-mails from time to time (e.g. every new Fair Play list release) to all players who don’t have this option enabled? Just write that you banned XXXX accounts this time and many of these players are a victim of not having the additional account security enabled. Plus add a short tutorial how to enable two-step authentication.

It’s not like every player who joins the game visit the forum or even the website and check all available account options.

I personally learned about this option, when I tried to access the marketplace. Before that I didn’t even know there is such possibility. And I personally don’t mind e-mail authentication. I just didn’t think about checking all available account settings. Especially you have to do this on the website, it’s impossible to do this inside the game.

6 Likes

Will you allow some sort of passkeys or security keys (like yubikey, nitrokey and similar) to be used as MFA?

Some people put a lot of time and money into their accounts, it would be nice if we were given some more security outside of TOTP and email.

8 Likes

8k+ people banned in like 3 months is crazy… I think this is only good reason to be playing on Console.
Anyway its a really good thing they are doing this frequently and then give us the names.

3 Likes

I’m happy to see that few of the names i have reported are here in this list,even someone with a name written in Mandarin that in GAB was able to pinpoint with extreme accuracy your position even at 2km and OHK even behind cover. Both my replay and the server replay showed the way he instantly turned the turret to face an enemy the moment said enemy got out of cover/got spotted.

He only used 2 tanks: the premium 2A4 with a K/D of 8 (over 2000 kills) and the Tiger H1 with a K/D of 11 (i’m not kidding,it had like 1100 kills and only 100 deaths)

Glad he’s permabanned,and i think i’m also spotting some names that are part of a mainly Arcade clan known for having used hacks in the past :)

3 Likes

players cheat on console as well. just open the list and do a CTRL+F search for “live” or “psn” and see for yourself.

4 Likes

How do you cheat on PS5 or PS4??? How? they are not even allowing Gaijin market or most of other cool things you PC people have.

TOS forbids detailing that.
But in broad non-specific terms; using physically modified hardware, using jailbroken consoles, sideloading software, etc.

2 Likes

My bad didnt want to get you in trouble I apologise, my question was more like no way they can hack on console because that means you need to hack Sony…but I get it, so sad…like why cheat

And who do you need to hack to cheat on PC? Microsoft? Linus? Tim Apple? IBM? Intel? Amd?

No problem, i see what you mean.
Yeah cheating in any way shape or form is just sad to be honest.

1 Like

common my man that open suorce, everyone knows that…and tbh and this is my opinion, mostly people who provide cheats are games themselves, just look at COD, people are cheating in pre Alfa whateverr HAHAHAHAHA

Windows is not open source??? Nor is macOS. You are not making any sense.

My man did you saw the list??? well MOST of those poeple are on Windows. So you ony need to hack windows and thats been, times and times proven, easy thing to do…
and yeah my bad they are not open suorce, but you can easily ahck windows and not so easilty hack macOS.

But you just wanna argue so I will ignore you, write something worthy my attention

1 Like

i don’t think you understand how hacking/cheating works.
you don’t need to “hack windows” to cheat in a game.
you just install and run a program, that’s it.

8 Likes

you also need to hack the internet since the game is multiplayer

Sure it is, whatver you say my man, you know the best. HAAHAHAHAHAHAHHA my man if you got some issues with me DM me stop wasting everyones time here, please.
Again I think you have no idea how cheat works but I dont care nor should you.

This is nonsense - the indicators “live” & “psn” just says that they were previously console accounts - and highly likely changed into pc accounts.

There is no way to download any kind of cheating software on consoles.

Even if you would run an aimbot script on a controller - you have zero access to target data as you can’t access the necessary data for wall-hacks etc.

I played several years FPS on console, cheating in pure console lobbies relies on software or additional hardware and mainly on sloppy security measures by MS or server / game providers like EA.

You can still play SWBF 2015 via xbox - you will find usually 20-40% of hardware cheaters in every lobby. MS and EA don’t care.

Its possible to cheat on consoles.

1 Like

That is absolutely a highly likely possibility.

yes there is? TOS hinders details but it very much is possible. do you know what sideloading and jailbreaking is?
I wonder how you came to the conclusion that it would be impossible to install programs on a console.