F104S ASA M: The Ultra Starfighter

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

Description: Here to You is the Last Starfighter Ever Made,The F104S ASA M. Talking a little about the aircraft itself,the first F104 ever made,the XF104, flew in 1954 in the USA. It was not operated in a large number in the American service (the variants were the A, B, and C), but it claimed a lot of success for export and licensing in Europe. The first variant to enter service in Europe was the F104G, with a maximum number of 947 aircraft. It was operated by Germany,Belgium,The Netherlands,Italy, Greece, and other countries in other continents, such as Canada, China, and Japan. The Super Starfighter came into reality with the F104S,the most powerful of all versions. It was upgraded multiple times, first in the ASA 1, then in the ASA 2 (the one in game), and the last one, the ASA M,that was made in 1997. It remained operative until 2004, when it was replaced with the EF2000 Typhoon.

The ASA M was first named ECO (Estensione Capacità Operativa), but the name changed to ASA (Aggiornamento Sistema D’Arma), and the final version was ASA M (Aggiornamento Sistema D’Arma Modifica). The main difference between the ASA and the ASA M was the integration of new navigation systems such as TACAN, UHF (Ultra High Frequency), LN-30A2 (an inertial navigation system present on both AMX and Tornado), a new GPS,the ALQ and ECM pods were removed, and the 20 mm Vulcan cannon was removed. The engine was the General Electric J79 GE 19, which provided to the aircraft a total of 11870 pounds of dry thrust and 17500 pounds of thrust with the afterburner and a max speed of 2470 km/h. It was able to carry the ALE 40 Contromeasure pods, and the radar is the FIAR R-21G/M1 Setter. It was able to carry only air-to-air missiles such as the Aim 9L,Aim 7E, Aspide MK1 and Aspide MK II IDRA.

Why it should be in the game: Italy in the TT at rank 7 has only two aircraft and this one would be a good option. It can be in a folder with the normal ASA in the TT or also a good option as a squadron veichle.

Specifications:

Spoiler

Length: 16.69 m
Wingspan: 6.68 m without wing-tip stores / tanks
Height: 4.11 m
Wing area: 18.22 m²
Empty weight: 6750 kg
Gross weight: 9840 kg
Max takeoff weight: 14060 kg
Powerplant: 1 x General Electric J79-GE-19 afterburning turbojet engine with a max of 11870 pounds without afterburner and with afterburner 17500 pounds of trhust
Maximum speed: 2470 km/h
Max Altitude: 17700 m

Armament

Spoiler

Hardpoints: 6
Missiles:
AIM 9L
AIM 9L/I
AIM 9L/I-1
AIM 7E
ASPIDE MK1
ASPIDE MK2 IDRA
Fuel tanks

Big Thanks to @Cris66-YouTube@psn for the help!

Sources

Spoiler

F-104 Italiani - Starfighters.it
IDRA multi-purpose missile (Aspide Mk2) | Missilery.info
SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM: L'ultima evoluzione dello "Starfighter": “ASA-M (Aggiornamento Sistemi d’Arma Modificato)”
Lockheed F-104G/S Starfigther il purosangue controverso - AMVI - Aeronautica Militare Virtuale Italiana
Programma F-104 ASA-M
Уголок неба ¦ Aspide Mk.2 IDRA
Aeritalia - Lockeed F-104S ASA-M
idra
Italian F-104 versions explained - The Aviationist
Il cacciatore di stelle | AvioHub
F-104 Starfighter
Untitled Document
AER. 1F-104(S)ASAM-1 – Flight Manual – F-104S & ASA-M (01-12-1996)

Pictures

Spoiler

Aeritalia F-104S Starfighter - Wikipedia
image.png.a3978bead90c6fd8c113ec9ede6e49c3 (1)

Aeritalia F-104 S ASA-M - Museo Aviazione

LOCKHEED F-104S STARFIGHTER "ASA" Hasegawa 09694

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM: L'ultima evoluzione dello "Starfighter": “ASA-M (Aggiornamento Sistemi d'Arma Modificato)”

F-104 ASA-M Starfighter | Fulvio Felicioli | Flickr

MM6717 - Italy - Air Force Lockheed F-104S ASA Starfighter at Campo Délio Jardim de Matos - Afonsos AFB | Photo ID 1209074 | Airplane-Pictures.net

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM: L'ultima evoluzione dello "Starfighter": “ASA-M (Aggiornamento Sistemi d'Arma Modificato)”

Aeritalia F-104S Starfighter - Wikipedia

F-104 Italiani - Starfighters.it

7 Likes

Would be pretty cool if gaijin gave it the ARH Aspide despite it never being used

7 Likes

ARH Aspide? Wich version are You talking about?

Uhhh I think the Aspide 2? iirc it was a prototype of the aspide that was shelved in favor of the AMRAAM

7 Likes

Ah yes The Aspide MK2 , the Idra. When I submitted for the first time the suggestion on the old forum I included it but the moderators asked me to remove that part. Indeed in game it can get it since it was made forthe ASA M and there was a partially built prototype

1 Like

+1

3 Likes

+1 yes to super starfighter

2 Likes

Btw, I founded more photo about the IDRA (aspide MK II) so I re-added it to the suggestion

1 Like

LETS GO!!!
Finally

1 Like

The picture Is this One and also according to’ missile.info the missile was tested at the end of 1990.

4 Likes

Heck yea!

3 Likes

Do you have any performance information for it?

2 Likes

https://www.airwar.ru/weapon/avv/aspide2.html

1 Like

tysm

1 Like

+1

Should definitely be in the tech tree, and it would be cool to give it the improved Aim 9L’s in the form of the Aim 9 L(I) to make it unique

It wouldn’t even be that big of a deal, it would be about a halfway between the 9L and the 9M

Would be balanced at where this would end up sitting anyways

2 Likes

-1 stop with the f-104s

1 Like

Man why? We have the F104 G/S/ASA, why you don’t want to have the full family?

3 Likes

For me +1 anyway…

1 Like

This can’t hurt to be added, it would be very simple, the model already exists

If it takes gaijin very little time to add, there is no reason not to

Just wish the F-104’s got some decompression, this facing aim9M F-16’s is gonna suck

2 Likes

i think he suffers from F-104A/C at 9.3 PTSD… truly a traumatic experience

1 Like