F/A-18 Hornet (Legacy): History, Performance & Discussion

literally Zero, but with not so big gap in speed

1 Like

what qualifies as “relatively low speed” for a Hornet? 300kmh? 400? 500?

depends on loadouts
but its like a 10-15% less than F-14 for example
but thats on deck level

Makes sense. We’ll see what they do once we, eventually, get a hornet in game

Gib me my Bol pods on everything

Here we go folks… Fingers crossed

3 Likes

Bro💀

Do you guys know which modification / block the Swiss Air Force has/had?

AFAIK F/A-18C with -402s but without A2G ordnance.

what does -402s mean?

I think it is the F404-GE-402 engine.

5 Likes

Swiss Air Force updated their F/A-18Cs with A2G ordnance later in life, but I would not expect that to come immediately on release.

They did not. They have thought about it multiple times and decided against it on cost reasons.

The Finns have though.

The only “A2G” upgrade it has recieved is an ATFLIR pod, that it recieved to aid in its A2A mission.

2 Likes

Interesting, so that means the F/A-18C added for them to tide them over for the inevitable EF2K won’t actually fill the “CAS gap” the Germany mains complain about.

How typical, for gaijin. Placate the ignorant masses with an addition that doesn’t even need to be added. Not as if Germany is literally first in line to get A2A spec EF2K variants in Dec update, filling their top BR fighter slot with an aircraft they had something to do with.

1 Like

1 Like

Thanks.

At least they don’t have to stick with the AMRAAM-Phantom in ARB.

1 Like

the question is in what way the Swiss F/A-18s were unable to carry A-G ordinance. To me it more seems like the Swiss AF just didnt purchase any equipment, while the aircraft still retains the theoretical capability.

Both A-G and A-A probably run over the same wiring using the MIL-STD-1553 bus, and reprogramming the FCS to take weapons out just doesnt make economical sense, you dont save any money that way.

Kinda similar to the South African Gripen for example, which at best has Paveway II IRL, not the Paveway III nor Mavs it has ingame, or the tons of other aircraft with ahistorical loadouts

2 Likes

I feel for balancing gaijin may just give the swiss f18 the finnish A2G loadout or the base US F18 loadout.

Just give it chugun.