F-4S Phantom II should get AIM-9L

Simple solution to this issue:

Give the FGR.2 and the 4J (UK) the AIM-9L and keep them both at 12.0, put down the FG.1 to 11.7 and keep the rest of the Phantoms at their respective BRs due to the AIM-7F being a competent enough missile.

And maybe introduce another Phantom to Israel or America in the form of the Turkish F-4E Terminator.

Oh yeah, lower the F-4C to 10.3 and lower the F-4EJ Kai to 12.3

1 Like

@BasherBenDawg8
F-20A.
And in the future respect others.

@TPS_Hydra
9Ls would make FGR2 12.3.

EJ Kai is already at 12.3, luckily it managed to dodge 12.7 and survived another day.

Still needs the AAM-3s it carried in service, though. Don’t care what sweats who whinge about “performance” think, it should have the missiles it had IRL.

1 Like

EJ Kai does not need AAM-3s and put to 13.0+.
It’s fine with 9Ls; stop trying to ruin my favorite Phantom.

1 Like

When was the last time you actually played “your favorite phantom”?

If the F-4EJ Kai actually was your favorite F-4 Phantom, you’d want it to get every piece of kit it had in reality. But no, it’s your favorite gameplay tool, like a fake gun in a call of duty or the average new WoT addition.

This month.
And no. If I wanted to screw over other players I’d want it to get the same kit as the F-15 so I don’t have to face them in my 11.3s cause I’m afraid of facing the best 12.3 in the game 2nd to none.

Don’t know quite what you’re saying by mentioning the F-20A. I very well know of it’s existence (as it just so happens to be my personal favorite plane irl) and don’t know why you’re bringing it up other than in relation to its all-aspect missile capability to mentioned.

As for the respect part, I’m sorry you took it the wrong way, but your argument for it was stupid and I’m telling you exactly why. I’m not saying your stupid, but your logic for the reasoning as to why the F-4S shouldn’t get the 9L is beyond flawed and not in accordance to the actions gaijin has taken in the past of in relation to similar vehicles and armaments options regarding historical accuracy.

1 Like

There’s only so far a missile bus can go, especially considering things like the same-tier Harrier getting 9Ms and loads of countermeasures :P

But that’s irrelevant, as is your greed for your “favorite phantom” to keep an outdated kit just so it can stay at a lower BR.

2 Likes

I’d totally agree if it wasn’t for the fact they carried the Skyflash as their best SARH missile available. It’s quite literally a glorified AIM-7E-2 which can already be found at 11.3.

It also lacks the automatic slats the F-4S and the F-4J has (not 100% sure on the F-4Js case) making it the least manoeuvrable naval Phantom in-game on top of that and not to mention it also lacking HMS.

1 Like

Tornado ADV is 12.3 with the same Skyflash.
FG series still dogfight better than the Tornados while going as-fast.

@ShermyDragon
Harriers are subsonic aircraft and BR 13.0, not 12.3.
EJ Kai does not have an outdated kit. 9Ls and AIM-7Fs are more than enough.

Play the F-15J like I do if you want to use AAM-3s.

Disregarding completely that a Phantom with IRCCM missiles + AIM-7s would both be a lower BR than and play completely differently compared to an F-15 for a moment (God, that’s a hilarious suggestion you made there), I suggest you play another game if you don’t want aircraft getting their historical armaments.

Or perhaps another tech tree? The F-4S sounds like almost exactly what you want, plus extra maneuverability! It just doesn’t get AIM-9Ls like it should :P

Tornado ADV is 12.3 with the same Skyflash FG series still dogfight better than the Tornados while going as-fast.

Difference is that the Tornado F.3 has access to like 10 trillion countermeasures, a modern digital RWR, one of the best radars in-game and the Skyflash SuperTEMP. The difference between the Tornado F.3 and UK Phantoms in avionics is huge and when it was introduced into the RAF it was easily one of the most modern vehicles at the time.

The Skyflash SuperTEMP is more comparable to the AIM-7F rather than the regular Skyflash in performance

5 Likes

It’s be at most 0.3 BR lower, and it’d play identically: BVR and boom and zoom.

Enjoy playing the F-4S.

@TPS_Hydra
FGs have access to 30 large caliber flares, which is equivalent to 90 - 120 standard caliber flares.
Tornado ADV’s radar isn’t even top 10. EJ Kai’s radar however is. ;)
And no, AIM-7F and R-27ER are vastly superior to SuperTEMP.

I agree the British FGR Phantoms in particular should at least get the tradeoff with being a non-slatted Phantom with better IR missiles if it doesn’t get better SARH missiles like the other Phantoms. Having slightly better acceleration at lower altitudes with Spey engines isn’t going to cut it.

The Japanese F-4EJ Kai has AIM-9Ls with its tradeoff of having non-slats wings but getting the F-16’s AN/APG-66 radar to complement with AIM-7Fs.

The German F-4F Late Phantom should also get AIM-9Ls as well since it literally lacks any SARH-compatible radar or missiles of any kind.

1 Like

Sounds like something you’d rather enjoy.

I’ll say it again, and hope it gets through your excessively thick skull this time: if Gaijin’s adding a whole new missile to the game (AIM-9L/i) just so the F-4F ICE can have IRCCMs, giving the EJ Kai it’s AAM-3s is a necessity.

Nah, it should stay 11.0 instead of going to 12.3.

@ShermyDragon
AIM-9Li isn’t new, and F-4F ICE has AIM-120s, EJ Kai does not.
Stop begging for EJ Kai to go to 13.0.
Go play the F-4F ICE if you want to so badly.

And no, AIM-7F and R-27ER are vastly superior to SuperTEMP

Wording and reading is key, I said the Skyflash SuperTEMP is more comparable to the AIM-7F rather than the Skyflash in performance and that’s a fact.

FGs have access to 30 large caliber flares, which is equivalent to 90 - 120 standard caliber flares

And should we move the MiG-23ML/MLA/MLD up because it has more large countermeasures than any of the UK Phantoms? Don’t be ridiculous, the Tornado F.3 has the ability to spam countermeasures whilst in the UK Phantoms you must be reserve about it.

Tornado ADV’s radar isn’t even top 10. EJ Kai’s radar however is

The Tornado F.3s radar is easily top 10 and don’t get me started with the fact that the J-11A still uses the N001 and this isn’t a competition of who has the best, I’m just bringing attention to the pros the Tornado F.3 has over the UK Phantoms (and large pros at that).

AIM-9Li is new to the game, unless you want to tell me any other aircraft in this game had it before?

Stop begging for the EJ Kai to remain mundane and not get the kit it was issued by the country that used it. Once again, you only care about the aircraft as a gameplay tool that you personally like to play, and even then you disregard that it’s a flying brick even compared to other phantoms.

If it was devoid of the F-16 radar that also made it unique, you’d be satisfied with it being even lower, wouldn’t you? Because you just like your status quo.

2 Likes

it is

Respect is earned, you deserve none of it for your takes.

keep thinking the FGR2 with 9Ls is the same as an EJ Kai btw.

3 Likes