F-4s aim-120

So, since the F-4F with Ger is getting the AIM-120 in this update. I want to know when the F-4S will be getting the AIM-120 as well? It’s a recognized armament for this place…

Now that we have top tier premiums, that’s not a reason to skip this upgrade. Additionally, since the aircraft is $60+ in game, we should expect to see it given its accurate payloads as well.

Curious about how this aspect is going to be handled…

Since the F-4S can’t use AIM-120’s, never.

14 Likes

It absolutely could carry AIM-120s and was setup electronically to allow for it…

20 mm M61A1 Vulcan cannon (640 rounds) on E-model Up to 18,650 lbs of weapons, combinations of: 4 x AIM-9 Sidewinders 4 x AIM-7 Sparrow or upgraded AIM-120 AMRAAM 6 x AGM-65 Maverick 4 x AGM-62 Walleye 4 x AGM-45 Shrike, AGM-88 HARM or AGM-78 Standard ARM 4 x GBU-15 18 x Mk.82, GBU-12 5 x Mk.84, GBU-10, GBU-14 18 x CBU-87, CBU-89, CBU-58 Nuclear weaspons, including B28EX, B61, B43 and B57

1 Like

Did you copy that list straight from Wikipedia? Or from one of the websites that copies straight from Wikipedia.

The 1st sentence is a dead giveaway its listing weapons from all phantoms, not specifically the F-4S.

No AIM-120’s, no Mavericks, no Walleyes, etc, etc.

13 Likes

No, it’s not from Wikipedia.

Wikipedia says:

E-model has a 20 mm (0.787 in) M61A1 Vulcan cannon mounted internally under the nose, 640 rounds Up to 18,650 lb (8,480 kg) of weapons on nine external hardpoints, including general-purpose bombs, cluster bombs, TV- and laser-guided bombs, rocket pods, air-to-ground missiles, anti-ship missiles, gun pods, and nuclear weapons. Reconnaissance, targeting, electronic countermeasures and baggage pods, and external fuel tanks may also be carried. 4× AIM-9 Sidewinders on wing pylons, Israeli F-4 Kurnass 2000 carried Python-3, Japanese F-4EJ Kai carry AAM-3. 4× AIM-7 Sparrow in fuselage recesses, upgraded Hellenic F-4E and German F-4F ICE carry AIM-120 AMRAAM, UK Phantoms carried Skyflash missiles[222] 6× AGM-65 Maverick 4× AGM-62 Walleye 4× AGM-45 Shrike, AGM-88 HARM, AGM-78 Standard ARM 4× GBU-15 18× Mk.82, GBU-12 5× Mk.84, GBU-10, GBU-14 18× CBU-87, CBU-89, CBU-58 Nuclear weapons, including the B28EX, B61, B43 and B57

Then its from one of the websites that copies from wikipedia.

Except they left out the full sentence,

upgraded Hellenic F-4E and German F-4F ICE carry AIM-120 AMRAAM

not

upgraded AIM-120 AMRAAM

This is a common mistake on these sites.

6 Likes

by the time the Germans upgraded the German and Greek F4s to use AiM-120 the US were using their F4S as target drones

6 Likes

Y’all can say whatever stupid crap you want. The Navy and AF have published documents showing that the F-4 was using the AIM-120.

A little research would do you a lot of good. Besides having articles, I know a crew chief who was fitting these missiles onto the F-4 before it was retired.

I’m sure you can show these documents. Unless they’re classified, in which case… don’t.

6 Likes

prove it, I dare you

valid sources are Manuals, Pictures and Manufacturers brochures

encyclopedias and interviews don’t count, cropped or partial documents don’t either

also please show no classified sources

6 Likes

The United States never put AMRAAMs on any Phantom in service ever. In fact, the 4th gens we know as AMRAAM carriers (F-15s, F-16s) entered service over a decade before the AMRAAM even existed. There was no want or need to upgrade American F-4’s to be able to carry the AMRAAM when, by the time the AMRAAM existed, hundreds of Eagles and Vipers had already replaced the Phantom

10 Likes

besides that, do you really want the F4S at 12.7?

2 Likes

No they haven’t, because US Phantoms never used AMRAAMs.

5 Likes

well if he has unclassified documents that are fully unknown to even the worst Military plane nerds that prove any F4 in US service used AMRAAMs then he may show them

I’d be surprised tho

You want to move the 11.3 F4S to 12.7?

5 Likes

would it be a worse plane than the F4F-ICE? I think so

can’t go any lower in BR because it’s still a phantom, radar is much worse than the APG-65Y and it doesn’t have an internal gun either, it also lacks Mavericks but that’s not that important

I may be wrong, but I don’t think the F4S is AMRAAM capable.

Yeah… The radar would be bad.

2 Likes

USAF & USN F-4 Phantom II shoot down enemy fighter aircraft by AIM-7 Sparrow only

F-4E Peace Icarus 2000 (RHAF) and F-4F ICE (Luftwaffe) armed AIM-120 carrier

1 Like