F-4F KWS LV (ICE): Arch-Phantom!

They need to lower it to 12.0

I think 12.0 would be too low. 12.3 would be perfect

AIM120 is nuts right now. It will be too OP in a down tier where u got planes with gimped radars, worthless RWRs. It is exactly where it needs to be.

1 Like

Now F14A and F14B fuck 10.7-11.0. F4F will not be anything special.

In close combat, any F14 can twist the F4F ICE. LTC/UP to F14 is many times more.

Av-8B Plus got aim 9m and amraam at 12.3 aswell

Phoenix not equals AIM120

1 Like

it gets only 2; it is subsonic which impacts missile range a lot; this warrants for a .3 less BR.

If Gaijin decompresses top tier where F4’s downtier opponents are early F15, F16s, Mig-29s, M2Ks and not other phantoms and newly nerfed Mig-23s, it can see a BR decrease but it is just OP for down tier lobbies in the current state.

I took this game out to solo. Due to the Aim-54C

And here I only made 3 frags and 1 help with the Aim-54C. What is the difference from the 4x Aim-120?

I am not trying to be rude. Phoenixes are extremely easy to dodge. I avoided a lot today just by hugging the ground (yes multi path is till somewhat potent). Phoenix kills depend on enemies doing stupid stuff or not paying attention. AIM120 is dangerous to even enemies paying attention. I’ve seen few Reddit posts today complaining about AMRAAM hitting players even below multi path height.

first things first, the harrier can carry 6 hardpoints in which 2 of those can be equipped with aim 9m and 4 with amraams, so that point is wrong. At the moment the uptier downtier comparesing between 12.7 and 12.3 is incredibbly high. Dont forget that the F-15A varients and even the F-15J which has aam3 missiles at 12.3. The F-15 is when it comes to flightperformance and almost any other aspect better than any f4. Gaijin also nerved groundclutter to 60m. So even in a downtier you can still get railed by any aim7 and r27. Your Points are incredebbly stupid

1 Like

I stand corrected. I did not know harrier got 2 more AMRAAMS (still have to grind it). Early 4th gen fighters have better performance but AMRAAMs will force them to defend. If they choose to stick the SARH guidance, they will eat the AMRAAM. But you can do offense and defend at the same time which is a huge advantage over SARH carriers with multipathing nerfed. F4F ICE may suck at top tier but it does not have any place in 11.3 lobbies. Hope Gaijin decompresses top tier or reworks how RB works at top tier.

Why even add the ICE, it was DOA when it was announced. I don’t get it why they are too blind to see that the only option would be a sub-nation air tree with swiss to help in the gap between the f4 and the eurofighter.

4 amraams shoot n reload is the only way to use this thing imo

yeah that sux at top and costs like top tier 420k to unlock…

Even Defyn says that the Dutch tree should’ve gone to the Germany tree. Gaijin just hates Germany at that point.

8 Likes

It just makes so much sense to do it, the Dutch don’t really add a lot of interesting vehicles to the game, but what they do have is Leopards, F-16s and strong military ties to Germany.

Having Belgium go to France would pretty much cover whatever France would need, Belgium has plenty of WW2 American equipment, German cold war stuff…

This inevitably is going to end up with France getting Leopard 2s as well for literally no reason, and with France already having the Mirage… why they got an F-16 at the expense of Germany is also baffling.

3 Likes

Hes right. NL TT should have gone to Germany. It just has no buisiness with France and wth…why was France in need of 2 F-16 on top of their domestic Mirage lineups. Someone really failed to do the obvious.

1 Like

I’m just wondering whether they will get the Leopard 2A6MA3. Mostly because it isn’t even a property of the Dutch Army, but of the Bundeswehr. The former just leases it from the latter and they’re only used by the bi-national 414th Panzer Battalion (80% of which is made up from Germany’s troops…).

Oh, there’s also the Leopard 2A6MA2 which has all the bells and whistles but without the additional armour and could be a perfect upgrade for Germany’s 2A6 as a modification (incl: 3rd generation thermals) - but what do you know? The 414th had also operated it before they took on the M3 variant )))

If Gaijin goes full smooth then we may really see France receive Leopard 2s that aren’t even the Netherlands property. That’d be hillarious, but at the same time, would give a pretext for us to seriously make demands in regards to vehicles of other nations - namely, the Polish K2.

1 Like

Anything is possible now, after adding the Dutch to the French tree with zero justification for it, it shows they can do literally anything at this point, and will.