F-4F KWS LV dev thread

Me when CAMM is ARH ground launched ASRAAM

ASRAAM has data link mate what do you think guided by 3rd parties means

I said this in another thread before, in my opinion if the IRIS-T is added now or in the near future, it should be without the IIR. It would be a somewhat better R-73 on a worse platform

Yes, but not by dozends of kilometers. Would guess on ASRAAM having maybe 10 or so km of effective launch distance

radar slaving is the only way you can use this in the first place, considering it doesnt have a HMD. And no, the radar thinks its slaving an AIM-9, so the signal needs to be identical

1 Like

No it exceeds 25km

you don’t need those early AMRAAMs anymore if you got ASRAAM already

Indeed. It’s hard to imagine what concessions should the GJ do to make ICE competitive in EC8.
Even IRIS-T isn’t enough to keep it afloat in SB. ICE can be some sort of nice “collector’s” plane, but it can’t compete at its current BR, by a longshot.
IMO, introducing Argentinian (A) or Polish (C) F16 in the GER TT, is by far the best option.
It doesn’t require any more development and is practically instant ready for implementation.

2 Likes

aight thanks

Except that polish F-16C is Blk 52+ and uses different front intake, different engine and also conformal fuel tanks and drag chute which F-16C Blk 50 doesnt have.

2 Likes

isnt the strela something like an IIR SAM?

I’d say it’s also not fair for everyone to get AMRAAMs on much more advanced platforms(and able to fire more and better missiles) but it is what it is.

1 Like

Strong missiles on more advanced platforms for every nation but Germany = Germany screwed

Extremely strong IIR missile (IRIS-T) for only Germany but not everyone else = Everyone but Germany screwed.

Which one is better for the overall health of the community?

When it comes down to it, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

4 Likes

Why is it always justified if it’s screwing over Germany? I’m just applying the same logic that is has been being used when people ask for a better AMRAAM slinger for Germany.

I’m not asking for Iris-T im just pointing out that everyone is ok with Germany being left behind “for the needs of the many”

1 Like

Once the F16 of Holland Air Froce had a chance to add into the GER TT, now it is in FR TT, that’s so unfair.
So the Poland F16 is the best alternative :(

1 Like

first of all it’s the Dutch Airfrorce not Holland Airforce

secondly no there is no Dutch F-16 in the BeNeRance tree they’re both Belgian

argentinian one is the best alternative

1 Like

Argentina hasn’t even taken possession of the F-16s they ordered in late April. So that’s not really a good alternative.

nope, Typhoon Block 5 is the best alternative

actualy they already have some

Any proof?

there are pictures

Pictures of F-16s in Argentinian flags are just ones not yet delivered to Argentina if I’m not mistaken.