F-16C Barak 2: Just Why?

Why Israel is getting another Block 40 with copied and pasted ordnance options? At least it should get changed to Block 30 Barak 1 with some minor changes to keep uniqueness.

Or developers can try to think of introducing some vehicles from the list:

Lavi

Kfir 2000

Kfir C.10

2 Likes

The ordnance isn’t historical or possible from my understanding. The only F-16 with AIM-120’s (initially) is the F-16I Sufa. The F-16C Barak II’s best missile would be the Python 4.

The plane would be a cool entry to see the Python 4.

3 Likes

They could have given us the Block 30 Barack I D/C, but why would they ever give Israel an F-16 with good flight performance? Lmaooo

1 Like

Kfir C10 wouldn’t be above Netz in BR.
Lavi would also be ~12.3 - 12.7.

:P

Well I mean, if it gets the Yak-141 treatment for countermeasures (probably gonna get it anyway if it comes), Dash HMD (probably gonna get it anyway if it comes as well), and it’s proposed ARH and SARH missiles (derby and sparrow respectively), then might end up being quite a bit higher than that lol…

Not to mention some really decent flight performance, which although it’s worse than the J-10 due to its power plant/lift/tandem seating design, it is still quite capable. And compared to the J-10, the 30mm Defa is quite a glorious upgrade for dogfighting! It’s no F-16 Netz or anything, but it’s still better than a MiG-29.

Lavi is proven to be better armed than Netz, so it will come after it even if gaijin does not introduce the electronics or armament that Lavi T.D. was used to test.

And for Kfir C.10 & Kfir 2000, how exactly a Fox-3 capable aircraft with Python 3-4s can be less than 13.0?

Netz is also over BR’ed.

Lavi is an AIM-9L/Python 3 fighter, with maybe AIM-7F/Ms.
It was canceled too soon for anything more would be considered for its weapon management system.
On top of that, Kfir C10 is still a Mirage 5 airframe. See F-8F.

You said it, Lavi is an upgrade over Netz

The airframe becomes less and less important while the missiles are getting better and better. People might dislike the F-4F but it still is a viable option.