F-16 MLU: Weapon Rework

There are several reports about the CM.
You can also refer to the old forum

2 Likes

Gaijin doesn’t trust random website sources but what’s funny is that people have already submitted tickets with legit/ more credible sources and Gaijin even ‘acknowledged’ them.
So I was really surprised to see the J10 and JF-17 getting added while they forgot about the F16Mlu.

Acknowledging wrong sidewinders:
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/CxH2a8mvDGGq
Post about missiles with what looks to be some Taiwanese F16 document:
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/Rs0WJHXYwYvY

Well, I hope the update/fix for the Taiwanese machine comes when it’s officially released.

David Bowie responded to the report? Lmfao. Goodbye 120cm

1 Like

I wrote mine just recently…
I’ve been responding to your response, but it still hasn’t been corrected…

1 Like
1 Like

Gaijin has every single report there already (CMs, AIM9Ms), they just ignore it until it suits them
early service f16 only carried aim7f and aim9m
late service f16 had amraams
however tw f16 still needs its aim9m and missing cms, the reports have been there for ages, yet they ignore it. they have absolutely no reason to deny it now that f16 blk 15 MLU was added (which is the f16 blk 20 pre modification)
f-16 blk 20 is literally nearly identical to the f16c, and the tail countermeasures should be identical, there is no reason why it can’t be fixed

3 Likes

Missing Paveways
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/GKVaqcYsm5Si
Name error
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/ZRr7LxTwTNhL

1 Like

I personally would prefer if they did two MLUs: one with sparrows (the one in game) and one modernized with AMRAAMs and stuff. That way there isn’t a huge progression gap and it won’t be super weird to jump from the F-104 or whatever to an AMRAAM F-16

1 Like

Not really. They have 2 F-16. Block 20 MLU and Block 70, the AMRAAM and other missile can be ported to Blk 70 , but the 9M/9P-4 should be in Blk 20 because that’s the missile Taiwan bought for their Nato planes.

I really want it to be fixed, but now that they capped the ROCAF line with the J-10, I am losing hope.

CN air tree need heavy reshuffle. Move the Nanchang to Harbin bombers, shove Chengdu plane to the middle and the shenyang plane to the old Nanchang spot. like this we can have J-10 after J-7E, still hefty requirement for rank ups while at the same time clearing up ROCAF line for Mirage 2KE, F-CK-1 and F-16V.

1 Like

I understand that, but I’m saying for game progression something like this (splitting into two Blk 20s) is best imo because otherwise you end up with a 10.7-13.0 jump

No, don’t need to. we already have unreasonable jump from 11.3 to 13.0 in J-8B to J-8F, 11.0 F-5 to 13.0 F-16 Blk 20 is not unreasonable, that’s how it has been anyway. 1 whole BR jump, that’s how you get F-16 after F-5E. Plus having 9M doesn’t mean this plane just go up, it’s gonna stay in it’s BR like F-16A in Benelux Subtree.

Just because it already exists doesn’t mean it is reasonable. That is a huge jump and I think everything possible should be done to close it

F-CK-1A can bridge the gap between F-5E and F-16.

1 Like

I think you’re the one being unreasonable. The whole “early late” bullshit only works because they have significant modification during their service. The same can’t be said to F-16 BLK 20 for Taiwan because from the start it’s supposed to suspend 9P-4 and sparrow with 9M in the 2003 with no significant upgrade that enable it to carry 9M. It doesn’t need the stupid “late early” designation because it never got a meaningful upgrade for it to be separated into 2 plane like Tornado because foxhunter 2 to 3 upgrade bring a lot of capability to the table

Taiwan has F-16 BLK 20 and F-16 Blk-70, split Blk 20 to 2 variant and you’re pretty much doesn’t know anything you’re talking about. Just wait for F-16V update, no need so splice a block to 2 different item, Tornado F-3 is a different case altogether, cant use it as comparator.

Plus a whole BR jump in air exist, you don’t need to be so anal about closing it up. Belgian F-104 to F-16A exist and it’s arguably a bigger jump than F-5 to F-16, no One complains. Now you want to make Taiwan grind harder just because?

Ching kuo armament is more sophisticated than F-16, fielding It without Tien Chen makes no sense and misses the point altogether.

Compared to a fully corrected F-16A block 20 the 1A isn’t really gonna be above it in tech tree ranking. Since it’s 2 ARH’s vs 6. F-16 would have access to GBU’s, AGM-65G’s, and better countermeasure suite. F-CK-1C/MLU might be more comparable.

Hence why it’s gonna be useless. I won’t accept Ching Kuo without Tien Chen, that’s deal-breaker.