F-16 MLU: Weapon Rework

Now that you started to pay attention to China again.

When are we getting the proper armament for F-16 MLU? It’s an AMRAAM/Sparrow 9P-4 - 9M carrier, and from the start that’s what it’s has been built for.

I can see not adding AMRAAM since ROCAF AMRAAM is 120C, too good for today, but we can’t just leave this plane rotting at 13.0 with 9L and meagre CM count when there is F-15A/J/Baz terrorizing 12.0-13.0 with their monster CM count, marginally lower BR, horribly excessive missile count and advanced IRAAM like AAM-3 and 9M.

Let’s Ignore Mav, AMRAAM and Harpoon since they’re largely irrelevant in this discussion, but see the data from f-16.net, this plane has always been an All aspect AAM Carrier (you folks has established AIM-9P-4 as All-aspect per F-5E FCU), and while there is no possible way to just mount AMRAAM without making it ahistorical (We can fix this later on when we add F-16V with Tien Chen’s AAM and AMRAAM-C), it is best if this plane gets it’s 9M and keep it’s sparrow.

And if Anyone can back me up on the whole “F-16 MLU got 4x AN/ALE-47 instead of 2 like block 10-15”, help me finding the credible source for that, this plane is due for upgrade and this is the momentum we needed.-

34 Likes

+1

3 Likes

I don’t even play china, and it hurts me to see this plane in this state lol
+1

6 Likes

+1 I am grinding for it RN since J10 will apparently be behind it.

2 Likes

+1

2 Likes

I have a feeling that will change. Doesn’t make sense for it to be in the Taiwan line and not in west Taiwan lines (joke, plez kill me china lovers)

2 Likes

Hurts me to see ALL F-16 being matched against F-15 with their brickshit load of CM and Missile AND Gripen at the same BR.

If all F-26 can get (M-Spsrrow combo I would want all F-16 to get this config.

2 Likes

120 countermeasures for F-16 MLU and F-16A Netz when gaijin…

2 Likes

I hope they take out J7s to form a sort of light fighter line and J8 + J11s form a different line. JH7 + Q5s get moved to bomber line just like Mig27s.

1 Like

There are several reports about the CM.
You can also refer to the old forum

2 Likes

Gaijin doesn’t trust random website sources but what’s funny is that people have already submitted tickets with legit/ more credible sources and Gaijin even ‘acknowledged’ them.
So I was really surprised to see the J10 and JF-17 getting added while they forgot about the F16Mlu.

Acknowledging wrong sidewinders:
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/CxH2a8mvDGGq
Post about missiles with what looks to be some Taiwanese F16 document:
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/Rs0WJHXYwYvY

Well, I hope the update/fix for the Taiwanese machine comes when it’s officially released.

David Bowie responded to the report? Lmfao. Goodbye 120cm

1 Like

I wrote mine just recently…
I’ve been responding to your response, but it still hasn’t been corrected…

1 Like
1 Like

Gaijin has every single report there already (CMs, AIM9Ms), they just ignore it until it suits them
early service f16 only carried aim7f and aim9m
late service f16 had amraams
however tw f16 still needs its aim9m and missing cms, the reports have been there for ages, yet they ignore it. they have absolutely no reason to deny it now that f16 blk 15 MLU was added (which is the f16 blk 20 pre modification)
f-16 blk 20 is literally nearly identical to the f16c, and the tail countermeasures should be identical, there is no reason why it can’t be fixed

3 Likes

Missing Paveways
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/GKVaqcYsm5Si
Name error
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/ZRr7LxTwTNhL

1 Like

I personally would prefer if they did two MLUs: one with sparrows (the one in game) and one modernized with AMRAAMs and stuff. That way there isn’t a huge progression gap and it won’t be super weird to jump from the F-104 or whatever to an AMRAAM F-16

1 Like

Not really. They have 2 F-16. Block 20 MLU and Block 70, the AMRAAM and other missile can be ported to Blk 70 , but the 9M/9P-4 should be in Blk 20 because that’s the missile Taiwan bought for their Nato planes.

I really want it to be fixed, but now that they capped the ROCAF line with the J-10, I am losing hope.