F-16 Fighting Falcon: History, Performance & Discussion

? in the game all f16 has this golden tint on the canopy. I remember how the F16A and ADF both used to have the same kind of canopy we have on the f16c right now. It’s more like a bug, that makes the glass reflect stuff(even inside) that should not be visible and is not when in the ADF or A model.

F-16C:

F-16A:

1 Like

When gaijin consider AIM-9M-9 replace AIM-9L, add GBU-10 Paveway & GBU-12 Paveway II LGB, AGM-65G Maverick, AIM-120B AMRAAM and Sharpshooter targeting pod & Pathfinder navigation pod on F-16A Block 20 MLU ?

You guess gajin consider AGM-65K, AGM-65D replace by AGM-65G, upgraded 2nd generation targeting pod Litening II to 3rd generation targeting pod Litening AT and add GBU-31(V)1/B & GBU-31(V)3/B JDAM on F-16C Block 50 this month or december this year ?

tbh I have no idea how they’re going to give a balanced upgrade path to a fighter that is technically still in service (and MASSIVELY upgraded) since it rolled off the lot

Honestly think its tremendously disappointing I cant carry more than the 2000lbs GBU-24’s on station 4 and 6 (inner wing). I’m also disappointed station 5 (centerline) cant carry any guided weapons either.

Just feels like the plane is lacking a lot of customizability…

Its also weird the F-16D gets to carry dual 500lbs pave ways on station 4 and 6 but the F-16C cant

Balance komrad!

@MAV_GAS Ziggy thinks the F-16A-15 and later models with the larger horizontal stabilizer need no FM improvements and that my report was dishonest because the devs think that it shouldn’t apply to the larger horizontal stabilizer models. Do you concur?

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/OLiLWCU6c4tU

No, I think your dishonest from my long personal experience with you and your failure to clarify what F16 in your report though many have different physical properties. Bowie clarified for you.

If you do not agree with the developers or Bowie. Take that up with him.

Ciao!

4 Likes

You can believe it any way you perceive it. I personally don’t think you’re really perceiving it this way, and if you are, it’s wrong.

The fact of the matter is, the report does apply to the F-16s and as MAV_GAS has put it so elegantly, neither has deep stalls in-game. It’s not a thing for them. In fact, normal stalls is not a thing for them.

Tschüß!!

The videos that you brought. F-16 rests on the ceiling of 90 degrees AoA. Ie, the game just does not count further. How are they going to model the Su-27 where AoA is more than 110 degrees

I respect your opinion. That is your right.

Again, if you believe you got it right and the developers are wrong. Take that up with them.

In the case of your report. Its a wrap, you failed to accomplish your goal and the F-16 is not a “UFO”.

Ciao!

I’ve given up all hope. Because the Su-27 is very difficult to model

1 Like

Let’s not give up all hope, fixing the F-16 would give them the tools and changes necessary to their FM / instructor to properly model the Su-27. We must continue fixing things in lieu of those that want their favorite toys to remain OP.

What aircraft does not defy physics in the lovely world of Warthunder?

Trick question, just the right thread for the answer though!

Oh yes, the F-16 defies physics absolutely, never denied that. Just like every other aircraft in WT lol.

But we are hyper fixated on the F16 for obvious reasons…
(You personally fail to perform in SMT. To the point of refusing to play it lol)

1 Like

I can put on a show sometimes, though I don’t enjoy flying the fat MiG-29 as much as I do the lighter weight ones. I would enjoy the F-16s if they didn’t overperform so badly… though it’s a testament to how bad the Average F-16 pilot in the game is that I won the 1v3 guns only at the end of this fight.
(1v4 if you count the initial F-16, which I killed off the bat with an R-27ER.)

4 Likes

Ziggy and Mig-23M slap fighting each other through every thread, the rest of the WT community:

15 Likes

Station 5 is not a weapons hardpoint.

was on other F-16’s, just seems weird

Which F-16 can carry ordnance on its belly?