F-16 Fighting Falcon: History, Performance & Discussion

You can do this in several fighters in full real this is nothing special and GJ knows this. Have you seen what the C.7 can do ? ungodly maneuvers.

That was a cool vid!

There’s CJ-34-1-1 (APG-68) which explicitly says the max acquisition range is automatically set to 10nm, but I guess we cannot use it as a source.

Is that the same @_David_Bowie You said is biased against the USSR ?

As for what “they” think. GJ knows what works for their game and what does not. You should trust they know what they are doing.

Ye, that is why I said “can be shared here” lol

Honestly im jealous
The F-16 flys nothing like that in air RB

1 Like

@iso_gate could take a look at what you’re saying. They claim it would brick mouse aiming but they’ve claimed that before and later just fixed it anyway.

They also said this wild piece of info…
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/955829235493273680/1160094565450129468/image.png?ex=65336941&is=6520f441&hm=b58e9dafd4b1b46f41207fcd064e648167b63697a1371091d873f1773743046d&

15,000ft EM comparison of F-16A and F-16CG with both of them equipped with pw220, from the Basic Employment Manual for RoKAF F-16C, unclassified and no distribution restrictions:

2 Likes

I wonder why F-16C have speed limit for GBU that you can’t drop above mach 1 other such as F-14B don’t have any problem drop GBU from above mach 1 it wired that something that need speed and altitude to be effective can’t drop above mach 1.

Clearances are pretty tight around the gbu/bomb rails, it’s possible there are some interference issues + transonic instability that make it unsafe to do IRL

Really? do they have something like that irl? I mean even GBU 12 that can use on both F-14B and F-16C but the different is F-14B don’t have speed limit so they can make bomb go further but seem F-16C can’t do that due to speed limit

Alright, reported the ACM max range being too short:
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/NRYSPEzvLRZC

2 Likes

I’m not an expert so might be wrong.

But, I believe the GBU-12s were compatible with a triple rack

However, the innermost adapted pylon would interfere with the external tank when weapons were fitted, so US F16s were never cleared to use them in conjunction with the external wing tanks. Why the triple racks aren’t present in-game I don’t know. Especially since we don’t have those tanks available.

Similarly, the AGM-65s would cause tail damage if fired from the innermost triple rack pylon.

I’m not sure why ours are mach-1 limited though, it appears they are even angled down, which should* mean they pull away from the plane on release rather quickly.

(Pic above was taken for an airshow, not a combat loadout)

Just did a similar post on the MiG-29SMT, so here’s one for here.
Isn’t the F-16 missing some weapons?:

• 3x Paveway mount (See above post)
  • APKWS (Technically a very late addition, but it’s not like they’re good anyway)
  • Wing-mounted fuel tanks

And a great deal of weaponry not modeled at all in game
(JDAM, cluster munitions, etc)

Per F-14 NTRP 3-22.4-F14ABD - Store Limitations(Appendix A), you’re still pretty much limited to subsonic speeds when carrying AG munitions.

Same applies if you look into Store Limitations section of other aircrafts, such as T.O.1F-4E-1, T.O.1F-15E-1, T.O.1F-16()-1-2, etc.

“Foggy” cockpit glass on the F-16C Block50, F-16A don’t have this problem. Fix when?

F-16C:

F-16A:

1 Like

I think they’re holding back JDAM/GPS Paveways until next round of SAMs

Wouldn’t the GPS weapons be less effective than the current TV/laser bombs anyway?

TV and Laser missiles can track targets, GPS can’t as far as I know, so you have to lead yourself. And the CCIP/RP system in-game already gives you pinpoint precision on a target

With the GPS paveways, you can always update the bomb with terminal laser in the last few seconds. So you’re able to throw the bomb, maneuver if needed, and guide it in later. Or not guide it in if you wish to. That flexibility is a tremendous benefit.

A noticeable visual difference of almost all F-16 versions of the C is the golden coating of the front opening part of the cockpit lamp. The exception is the aircraft of blocks 40/42. This is a night modification, and after joining the troops, the cockpit light on them began to be changed back to transparent, because the golden darkened stylish hood worsened the work of the pilot’s night vision goggles. But there is no system in replacing the lantern of blocks 40/42, so there are planes with both a golden lantern and a transparent one.

Spoiler

foto-f-16_53