F-15C missing amraams

Wrong engines iirc

It has the correct engines. F-15Cs operated with either upgraded 220Es or home-grown 220s.

Su-27 has 8 BVR missiles, two that will outright beat an amraam to target, and 6 others that are ARH and are 50g, with two extra R-73s with 40G overload and thrust vectoring PLUS air to ground

F-15C 4bvr missiles regardless of SARH or ARH and 4 WVR missiles (generally only needing 2), making the SU-27 even withh 6 ARH missiles and 2 R73s more “economical” in the missiles it can carry as they are more useful for the situations you will find yourself in i see no reason for the usa to be stunted in this way.

4 Likes

They are weaker than the early F-15A, and than the Baz “improved” which has the same 220’s right now. Its the F-15 with the weakest engines at the moment

F-15C is also much heavier than A

Yes, it is IRL, but currently, it might be a tad bit overweight that it really should

Su-27 has 6 BVR missiles, which are not meta, not 8.
And they’re all the same missile.

baz meshupar has same issue with engines, just checked. japan has 8100kgf afterburning engines, however still lower than F-15A

im pretty sure the R-27ER is still going to be pretty meta, as i said unless they changed something it’ll still beat any other ARH to target unless it’s in a long game with the AIM-54, and where is your source for the R77 being underpowered?

3 Likes

Beating to target doesn’t matter when you can just defeat the jet’s host radar since it’s a SARH.

I wish I could fly test the other F-15s. Right now a flanker can out-rate the US F-15C by almost 1º/s at around 650kph.

If you go full max instructor turn you’ll get a worse sustained turn rate than the British phantoms

F-15C rates at 19 degrees per second full send [lowest speed] on minimum fuel.

Half fuel, F-15C rates 17.5 at 650kph.
Su-27 will rate at 16.5 on half fuel 650kph.

“Full send” with instructor will do 17deg/s, at 650kph you get about 19. At the later speed, the flanker will do almost 20

wdym defeat host’s radar

A SARH requires the host radar to be locked at all times, thus is easier to defeat than ARHs.

barely marginally, the R-27 will still be just as effective as it is right now being incredibly difficult to notch with only ground effect or terrain defeating the missile

No it won’t.
Russia lied to you.

the fact that SU-27SMs are still firing R27s first instead of R77s begs to differ but since we have differing views and reject any kind of convintion i’ll be ending this dialoge

So they’re being less effective.

i have finished talking, neither of us are going to convince the other.