F-15A constantly breaking wings

Can you send me the server replay link?

Yes, it can be the mouse aim pulling neg Gs + roll
No bueno at high speeds

Yeah here you go!

https://warthunder.com/en/tournament/replay/150444135920519872

I was able to replicate very easily looking at the replay.
You are rolling at the same time that you are pulling Gs with the mouse at a speed where the plane rolls very good.
The mouse also deflects the rudder so it just increases the moment of inertia, making so you are overloading the wing with a very high G load at a high weight.

A solution for this would be to reduce the rollrate.
But I prefer to to be a bit cautious with the mouse than rolling worse to be honest…

Yea you are swiping your mouse up throwing the rudder around?

I agree

Just roll + mouse and the mouse moves the rudder.

1 Like

Cheers! Thank you for your clarification and help! :)
Had some idea this might had something to do with mouse aim. Just didn’t realise that the rudder would also deflect lol

From your replay, you can see rudder, elevator and aileron on wtrti:

1 Like

Yea it’s indeed very obvious now you highlighted it. It’s a little strange tho that the instructor will yank the rudder in an already high G manoeuvre. Of course this is realistic so I need to watch it myself. But I didn’t know it would be that severe at high speed.

It is just a common thing from the instructor to move rudder in order to handle the plane better with the mouse.
That is why for example turns with only keyobard pull bleed less energy, if you pull with the mouse you will deflect the rudder and bleed some energy.
Just get used to first roll and then pull with mouse.
Maybe if players keep complaining about this the rollrate will be reduced I dont know, this is for example the case of the gripen. Irl it had a higher roll rate but it is nerfed to handle the mouse aim in situations like this and now players complain about poor roll rate haha.

Yea I do agree that the roll rate is nice. Quickly changing roll to pull in the direction you want is very nice. F15 without boosters was terrible for me because the roll rate was that bad haha.

1 Like

Wait a second, that is the literal worst possible configuration for the F-15A/C and also not the configuration that is shown in the multiple videos under this thread. In this thread the config is 4x AIM-9 and 4x AIM-7 pylons, not two external fuel tanks, 4x AIM-9 pylons and missiles, 4x AIM-7 pylons and missiles, and the external fuel tank pylon.

A more accurate diagram would be this one, which is 4x AIM-7 missiles, 4x AIM-9 missiles, and a C_L pylon. It has a structural limit of 8.6G, so a rip value of 8.6*1.5=12.9G (at minimum, since the actual rip value would be higher since in the videos of this thread there is no C_L pylon).

2 Likes

Was in relation to this:

But yes at 39000 punds it will be about 13G

The only way i don’t break my wings is if i use my keyboards rather than my mouse. Mouse low speeds, keyboard high speeds. Simple

1 Like

It is not just the F-15 randomly ripping now. I have been seeing Su-27s wing ripping a lot lately

Please WG fix this, it breaks even if you really try for it to not, just above 1 mach it starts being unstable unexpectably.

Yeah don’t

I do it alot in the su27 its not planes fault