F-15 Eagle: History, Performance & Discussion

The last set of F-15Cs built has APG-70s from the factory. But the A2G features weren’t really necessary for USAF use and the radar was less reliable comparatively. Plus pulling them off the C-models meant they could be placed onto the E-models once that rolled out shortly after

The APG-70 was a APG-63 streamlined for reliability and had a few extra bells and whistles that dont help purebred fightercraft, the APG-63(V)1 took all the developments that the 70 and APG-63(V)2 made both software and reliability wise and installed it onto the base APG-63 frame for a far lower cost and its backwards compatible with existing APG-63s and PSPs.

TLDR it was cheaper and everyone, not just the US could get APG-70 performance or better out of their existing APG-63s.

1 Like

The radar is likely APG-63(V)1

3 Likes

Where ww can see dev datamine?

we are getting datamines from the update already?

You can download it arleady. But can’t log in

1 Like

https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/JrbPJbkkcmTz

DEV - F-15C incorrect AIM-120 amount // Gaijin.net // Issues

Man you have got to be kidding me.

Question is now, is it any different from the existing 63 in game.

2 Likes

I have sac sheet. Its will be proof for 8 aim-120s

Chronologically

Original Apg 63

1979 - Apg 63 psp(they removed the hardware radar signal processor unit 041 in exchange for a digital psp unit 042, memory was increased 4x, 24k to 96k, removal of some modes like LPRF and introduction others like RAM, )

1985 - MSIP happens (TWS, NCTR, RGH. . . memory increased to 384k, removal of RAM)
Apg 70(for strike eagles and last 43 C eagles coming from production plants in 1985). Apg 63 and apg 70 have basically the same A2A capabilities with the 70 having A2G.

1987 - (MSIP2?) memory increased to 512k, faster ADC, 2in1receiver exciter, amraam, MH sparrow, Vector Mode, expanded azimuth from ±60° to ± 75° during STT )

UP TO HERE the detection performance remained practically the same, 77 Nautical Miles(143km) for a 2m² target in RWS HPRF

Early 90s - apg 63 v1
Hardware changes to both 70/63 using VHSICs and other modules, new modes, updates etc.
Performance increased aswell.
164 - F-15Cs got retrofitted.

Beyond its v2 and v3 which is classified

6 Likes

V2 is 2000, 1st generation AESA

V3 is ~2010, current use

And if you want to go further,

APG-82v1 uses the V3 as a base and builds off of there with expanded A2G and other improvements, can kind of look at it as -63 to -70

Cool. What is the source?

And that but the real details details like those mentioned above we will not know till the 40s probably

On dcs forums, confirmed by a wso and someone with the -34-1-3(1995)

1 Like

Definitely sekrit.

Link pls.

I think on one of the msip -34s I have you can see the az bump line that I can put

Ding ding ding ding
We got a winner for the Steps shit job of copying soviet sources. Its the same but with TWS. and now the SM has the exact same range because obviously nothing can be better than it.

Still missing even the most basic modes and lets not talk of the modes introduced in MSIP

11 Likes

It is F-15 manual from 1995 ? I must have it ! :)

why the fuck the playerbase needs to show 1231023912391 documents to prove that the f15c has 8 amraams like they have one freaking job which is to bring the correct vehicle ingame and they can’t even research properly before doing so, actual brainrot ngl

4 Likes

As far as I know there’s a 87’ -34(A2A) and A2A -34 from the F15E(99’, 01’ or 02’ I don’t remember) out there, go hunting

For me, I believe gajin change new radar to AN/APG-63 PSP radar for F-15A (USAF) in dev server.

and F-15C Baz Meshupar from Israel tech tree equipped AN/APG-63 PSP radar