F-15 Eagle: History, Performance & Discussion

Oh yes, I completely agree in that case.

1 Like

Gaijin multiply the maximum g limit in the manual by 1.5 in order to get the breaking g in game.

1 Like

Does the f15 have a diamond to show what the missile is locking? My f4ej kai has it, but its strange the f15 doesnt. Community Bug Reporting System

Complain about the R73 may have never considered the superior tactical advantage and IRCCM capabilities it offers. It’s not by chance that users of the 9M often fly high even without a good Fox1. Pressuring opponents into disadvantaged positions is something the 9M never accomplish. I have never rated the 9M highly in RB; SIM is a different story

2 Likes

I find the 9M to be quite useful and the R-73 not so much for RB.

2 Likes

6IdZE1T
DzmGUhPWwAAOVLC

2 Likes

That is an F-15A/B. I honestly couldn’t tell you if the controllers to use optical weapons carried over to the F-15C. I know for the A’s systems it was more obtrusive to disable the system than leave it functional and not use it. The best bet for a more definitive answer would be to look at the Israeli F-15Cs. Did they require any modifications to use their stocks of GBU-15s or AGM-130s?

Edit: However, the F-15 Armaments handbook is ambiguous and instead refers to simply the “F-15” without any further designation and was published is 1979, after the C-models existence

2 Likes

I found two opposing sources, one saying the F-15C with modified radar retained anti-ground capabilities and the other source saying it did not. What is certain is that from the beginning the F-15 was intended to carry and use anti-surface munitions. including EO and laser guidance
Pilots were trained early on to use the Eagle in that role as well.
After 1980, A/G training was abandoned. The reminder of the A/G role of the F-15A,B,C,D is the AG switch on the instrument panel in front of the pilot.

2 Likes

That is probably in reference to the radar. The last set of F-15Cs built were with the APG-70 which had addition A2G functions. They were eventually switched to the APG-63v1 which did not have those A2G functions. Doing so would not have affected weapons capability though.

These were the earlier radars, APG-63 and APG-63/PSP

1 Like

It may if it involves changes to the display itself, since they need a special design to allow them to switch between displaying radar data, and TV data in the same tube, various F-4E, A-4s and A-7s had similar issues.

1 Like

At least it’s getting worked on. That’s something

2 Likes

Is this sniper on a single seat F-15?

2 Likes

Yes

1 Like

Can it use that pod to guide GBU-10 or it used only as erzats-IRST?

Id assume so, that is the primary function of the Sniper pod.

Also Legion Pod

Can it measure range or azimuth and elevation only?