F-15 Eagle: History, Performance & Discussion

The moment other active radar missiles come in and the Aim54 is still not modelled correctly, only then would I be worried.

It will be modelled. I promise you, remember me if it doesn’t and I will give you 5k GE.

You have my word.

Just like TWS will magically start working as it should and not break/change soft lock at random?

I suspect the TWS thing will be fixed, but the Aim-54’s will remain gimped by Russian bias. Those things got the full weight of Russian anger towards NATO and were nerfed before they even entered game. They will never function as they should.

They wont even give the F-14B Aim9M’s. Why would they upgrade anything else for it like the Aim-54C? Your going to owe me 5k GE…

3 Likes

Lol we will see!

Let me lay out the parameters of this agreement.

I got you 5k GE if the Aim54 platform (A or C) still does not have an updated model in regard to flight performance or guidance by the time the next batch of active radar missiles come to the game. If it has one of the mentioned feature updates, I am free of this debt.

BUT If I win you owe 1,000 written sentences that say, “I will always love WT and the Snail.” (just kidding)

I cannot speak on TWS or other more advanced abilities such as manipulation of multiple altering frequencies, filter and translate those radar returns into usable target data packages/pictures to successfully mask a missile launch and guide it successfully to the terminal. It gets a little too fancy for me at this point and I have not looked into the subject in depth.

Being that TWS gets even more complex in the already annoying study of radar applications, I do not see how GJ can be biased in on this feature.

One user has time away for his insults… more will follow if harassment and or insults continue…

This will remain Civilized… at this point, if harassment continues, then some will be looking at a month away from our Forum for their trouble since previous warnings have been ignored…

7 Likes

Every sensible player on this forums has been advocating for that. However Gaijin wouldn’t allow it, because from business side of things, it’s better for them to make AMRAAMs and its “counterparts” a theme for a seperate update. I’m pretty sure their implementation of missiles and radars would leave as at status quo we know today in 7M vs R-27ER days.

2 Likes

Though @k_stepanovich has sufficiently put my worries to rest by indicating that he is already well aware of which sparrow variant can do what in the event of signal loss (CW illumination from host aircraft) and confirms that it is possible to reacquire signal for available variants in game. He also further offers clarification on why the models control fins reset to neutral position behaves as is. Simply for balance.

I actually totally agree there.
However, I do believe an extension in the length of time to require target track for newer sparrow variants after launch is called for in today’s meta. Specifically, the Aim7M

I would like to put to rest any community belief that only until as recently as 1987 (Aim-7P) there is no sparrow that has an ability to calculate optimal trajectory toward last known target track in the event target illumination is dropped.

In fact, the Aim7M had the ability and was equipped with a digital computer and autopilot to fly an optimal course designed and implemented specifically to increase the reliability/success rate of the sparrow in the very likely event that target illumination may cease. (often occurring several times during the duration of its flight).

Here is a link in regard to the Aim-7 series of missiles taken from the Directory of U.S. Military Rockets and Missiles. A site which is a copyright collection of complied data regarding US. military applications. Raytheon AIM/RIM-7 Sparrow (designation-systems.net) Primary sources listed by title provided as well.

In regard to the Aim7M:

The next version of the AIM-7 was the AIM-7M , whose main new feature was the new inverse monopulse seeker for look-down/shoot-down capability in a new WGU-6/B (later WGU-23/B) guidance section. There is no evidence of any Sparrow variants officially designated -7J/K/L (although the designation AIM-7J is sometimes associated with the AIM-7E license-built in Japan).

Source [2] says that the suffix “M” was deliberately chosen to mean “monopulse”, suggesting that suffixes J/K/L were indeed skipped. The monopulse seeker improves missile performance in low-altitude and ECM environments.
Other new features of the AIM-7M are a digital computer (with software in EEPROM modules reprogrammable on the ground), an autopilot, and an active fuze. The autopilot enables the AIM-7M to fly optimized trajectories, with target illumination necessary only for mid-course and terminal guidance. The AIM-7M also has a new WDU-27/B blast-fragmentation warhead in a WAU-17/B warhead section. The first firing of a YAIM-7M occured in 1980, and the AIM-7M entered production in 1982.

1 Like

The Aim7M is equipped with a digital computer and autopilot ability to fly an optimized trajectory without a target track the entire duration of its flight. The Aim7M only requires a target illumination for a midcourse update and a target illumination for terminal guidance/target precision. That is, it.

There is already a perfectly reasonable competitor to the R27ER, and we had it in WT just as long, The AIM-7M. It simply needs more of its capability implemented in game to compete.

Regarding an R27ER vs AIM-120 “advocation”.

There is really no “sensible” reason why any USSR tech tree users should remain stuck sitting there babysitting a single target track for an R27ER launch leaving themselves completely exposed while western fighters can launch multiple Aim-120s into a crowd of enemies, immediately turn around and fly off into the sunset before ever placing themselves in any danger.

I do not think you both fully understand how great of a tactical advantage active radar missiles such as the Aim-120 AMRAAM have over semi active radar missiles. It has nothing to do with business, but sheer technical capability. The Aim-120 should never come to game without the Soviet/Russian or Chinese counterpart.

At this point you’ve humiliated yourself enough times that you probably shouldn’t ever mention the reading comprehension skills of other people.

I’m fairly certain early AMRAAMs will be outranged/outclassed by R-27ER. Knowing GJN, I wouldn’t be surprised if they are barely more useful than AIM54s when they are introduced.

3 Likes

US Only teams are truly awful. Literally couldn’t get even a single win since yesterday. At this rate we might see amraam or aim-9ps are much earlier than expected.

1 Like

AIM-9P are already in the game…They are export 9Js

1 Like

Not trying to be his advocate or something like that but i strongly disagree that he’s “russian biased”, his reports are covering vehicles from all nations regardless of whether they result in nerfs or buffs, don’t forget that he was the one that reported for the f-15 to be fixed cuz on the devserver it was performing close to something like the mig29 smt…

i think he meant aim7p

1 Like

oops. i meant aim-7p

Aim-9Ps have a slightly better guidance and resistant design due to the discovery of Soviet “Dirty Flares” and P-1s are reduced smoke signatures. That would be kind of cool to assist lower tier fighters I feel.

If Aim7s retain neutral control fin reset after a target track is dropped, it does not matter what variant of the sparrow comes to game. Do not worry in the upcoming patches though (I know everyone keeps saying that).

Good things will come. Utilize the performances GJ at least did give us.

What do you mean regardless of whether they result in nerfs of buffs? If he’s only looking to nerf NATO vehicles and buff Soviet vehicles, that is biased lol. Apparently he’s looking into getting the Vikhr buffed, because it’s ‘underperforming’.

Look through his posts in the Gripen JAS39 performance thread if you want to see a real comedy. I knew he was bad before, but in the last week he’s genuinely blown my mind. Tempted to make a compilation. He assumes he knows better than everyone, whilst at the same time professing his only qualification is that he’s a war thunder player, and demonstrating that he can’t even read the thrust-to-weight ratios on the WT wiki correctly.

3 Likes

I have known the guy personally for years. He is definitely biased. China is number 2. Soviet Union is number 3.

who’s the number 1

1 Like

His ego and the everlasting desire to be right in all things ever discussed.

4 Likes

Alas, the thing he desired most, he would never have…

I need to send you some of the stuff he did in the Gripen thread Ziggy, it is going to blow your mind.

1 Like