F-15 Eagle: History, Performance & Discussion

You can’t rely on mods for determining things.
No insults to mod authors; modded weapons can have wildly inaccurate parameters that can make missiles perform superior or worse than they should.

1 Like

I made the missile myself and used a third person 3D model. The missile was entirely written by me.

I made it perform accordingly in the game and tested it. On average at proper launch altitudes if the R-27ER is launched at max distance for the AMRAAM it will hit the target ~18-20s sooner. This leaves plenty time to defend the AMRAAM. R-27ER is simply a powerhouse.

My results are similar to results from a DCS video. Fortunately, Orbital ATK released sufficient information for them to properly calculate the kinematics of the AIM-120C-5. There isn’t sufficient public info for the AIM-120A/B/C-3 motor tho.

Anyhow, here you can see the R-27ER and AIM-120C-5 (both modeled quite well based on kinematics) in DCS.

Are you going to update this thread? @spacenavy90

What are DG, APN, and PN?

we can also see potential F-15SG and F15EX in Japan tree if we put more southeast asian variant on Japanese tree.

No need. Japan is already doing their own F-15EX style of upgrade called the F-15JSI just a matter of time.

3 Likes

Differential Geometry(as guidance)
Adaptive Proportional Navigation
Proportional Navigation

1 Like

Gaijin won’t let me edit posts. Everything you need is on the old forum.
And no you do not have my permission to recreate topics like you did with the AIM-120.

1 Like

I’m not asking.

Also, you can edit posts on the new forum. Just gotta become a “trusted user” or whatever.

3 Likes

this is a quiet obvious thing

1 Like

yes for sure but that’s still an interesting information

1 Like

Not directly speaking of the F-15, but I found an interesting study regarding US missiles, with this particular interesting section stating minimum altitude against at sea targets is 5m for the RIM-7M, which is just a surface launched AIM-7M:

I’ll be making a bug report regarding the AIM-7M’s minimum altitude in WT when I get the chance.

4 Likes

Good source, however it being over water does make it slightly less crazy. Do bear in mind monopulse seems to be being withheld for gameplay/balance so it probably won’t get far.

it can vary significantly depending on the sea state. (see Figure. 6 and 9)

3 Likes

Here is the link for the the AIM-7M’s performance against low altitude target bug report
https://community.gaijin.net/issues/p/warthunder/i/wU0NsLTAd1yZ

Hoping we get an F-15 later this year. Maybe the Baz for Israel since they lack a top tier radar missile plane.

1 Like

this is leak territory, esp since the f15 is already a past victim

If you are referring to MythicPi’s post this is a publicly avaliable document. Please refrain from throwing “leak” allegations at the smallest things.

https://apps.dtic.mil/sti/citations/ADA154243

3 Likes