F-15 Eagle: History, Performance & Discussion

You are trying to use it as a search mode, it’s not a search mode as RWS or TWS. It’s supposed to aid SA DURING(I’m Emphasizing during) STT. You are misguided, its not supposed to replace RWS or STT, but aid the limitations of STT and RWS.

TWS has no place as it wasn’t even a thing on the F15 when RAM was used, no point in bringing it out. It provided better SA thus replaced it.

You can’t. Why? Because RWS doesn’t generate trackfiles unlike TWS. On RWS you just get the information on range and azimuth.

Same way you loose SA of flanking targets when you go STT on a target ahead. But you don’t loose SA of targets in its vecinity as you can go to RAM.

It might be interesting for you

how’s the f15c radar ingame now?

It’s fine for me. Sometimes my TWS tracks random stuff which is really annoying. I use manual target selection instead of cycle selection. But when I try to track in the TWS, it will track a completely different target. It can even be a missile that’s briefly detected and the tws lock will remember that missile lock for a brief moment. Also, sometimes the acm just goes for someone with a lot less PD than the enemy I’m trying to track with a lot more doppler.

But I feel it’s better compared to the JAS39C SA and F16C. But to be fair, I do feel minor differences. Maybe the JAS39C’s TWS is a little weaker, but I don’t mind.

1 Like

The tws issue is gate brackets outright jumping onto something else even on the opposite side of scan? If yeah, same issue in sims. For some reason it loves to do that even if firmly tracking. But its not like it cant be dealt with. Its just annoying af.

1 Like

I think the F-16C’s radar is better and faster than the F-15C’s, and the F-15c’s feel is a little slower and takes a few seconds to show

Yea to be fair. Didn’t play the F16C that much. Gonna try it out soon.

Exactly this… really annoying indeed.

When F-15C blogdev?

1 Like

ikr it looks like they just completely forgot lmao

Yeah i got the f15c it’s like it’s slightly better than the f16c, which is strange since the MSIP 2 radar is pretty powerful if i’m not mistaken.

But even so idc that much because i’m loving the eagle, ingame it’s by far my favorite plane now. I thought the stock grind would be bad but by turning off the radar and bombing i was able to get amraams considerably fast.

1 Like

I’ve seen the series, pretty good. Paco geisler’s one were prety good aswell, he’s the definition of gung-ho.

Underperforming and cartoonish. Even the F16C has more range xd. And the current 63 only has TWS in MPRF…

Only one can wish

5 Likes

Hope they fix it! The plane will be a monster.

A friend of mine knows Geisler personally, he has high praise for him.
I found two videos with him on YT about the F-15.

this story is peak

2 Likes

F-15 is pretty cool. It is the peak of aviation (yes i am a bit biased :)))

1 Like

I see gaijin rename radar AN/APG-63 → AN/APG-63 PSP

F-15A (USAF) and F-15C Baz (IAF) fitted AN/APG-63 PSP it’s right. but F-15A Baz & F-15J used AN/APG-63 radar only (pre-PSP)

F-15A

F-15C Baz Meshupar

F-15J

F-15A Baz

It’s pretty good, too.

I wouldn’t say that. F-15J is based on an F-15C, so it is unlikely it wouldn’t have had PSP radar.

It also later received upgrades for wiring and fuselage hardpoints to make it AMRAAM compatible, but without known radar change. I doubt it would’ve received those if it was limited to basic F-15A like APG-63 radar.

1 Like

Including F-15A Baz

F-15A in 70’ from USAF equipped AN/APG-63 radar (pre-PSP) before upgraded MSIP program