F-15 Eagle: History, Performance & Discussion

It’s fine for me. Sometimes my TWS tracks random stuff which is really annoying. I use manual target selection instead of cycle selection. But when I try to track in the TWS, it will track a completely different target. It can even be a missile that’s briefly detected and the tws lock will remember that missile lock for a brief moment. Also, sometimes the acm just goes for someone with a lot less PD than the enemy I’m trying to track with a lot more doppler.

But I feel it’s better compared to the JAS39C SA and F16C. But to be fair, I do feel minor differences. Maybe the JAS39C’s TWS is a little weaker, but I don’t mind.

1 Like

The tws issue is gate brackets outright jumping onto something else even on the opposite side of scan? If yeah, same issue in sims. For some reason it loves to do that even if firmly tracking. But its not like it cant be dealt with. Its just annoying af.

1 Like

I think the F-16C’s radar is better and faster than the F-15C’s, and the F-15c’s feel is a little slower and takes a few seconds to show

Yea to be fair. Didn’t play the F16C that much. Gonna try it out soon.

Exactly this… really annoying indeed.

When F-15C blogdev?

1 Like

ikr it looks like they just completely forgot lmao

Yeah i got the f15c it’s like it’s slightly better than the f16c, which is strange since the MSIP 2 radar is pretty powerful if i’m not mistaken.

But even so idc that much because i’m loving the eagle, ingame it’s by far my favorite plane now. I thought the stock grind would be bad but by turning off the radar and bombing i was able to get amraams considerably fast.

1 Like

I’ve seen the series, pretty good. Paco geisler’s one were prety good aswell, he’s the definition of gung-ho.

Underperforming and cartoonish. Even the F16C has more range xd. And the current 63 only has TWS in MPRF…

Only one can wish

5 Likes

Hope they fix it! The plane will be a monster.

A friend of mine knows Geisler personally, he has high praise for him.
I found two videos with him on YT about the F-15.

this story is peak

2 Likes

F-15 is pretty cool. It is the peak of aviation (yes i am a bit biased :)))

1 Like

I see gaijin rename radar AN/APG-63 → AN/APG-63 PSP

F-15A (USAF) and F-15C Baz (IAF) fitted AN/APG-63 PSP it’s right. but F-15A Baz & F-15J used AN/APG-63 radar only (pre-PSP)

F-15A

F-15C Baz Meshupar

F-15J

F-15A Baz

It’s pretty good, too.

I wouldn’t say that. F-15J is based on an F-15C, so it is unlikely it wouldn’t have had PSP radar.

It also later received upgrades for wiring and fuselage hardpoints to make it AMRAAM compatible, but without known radar change. I doubt it would’ve received those if it was limited to basic F-15A like APG-63 radar.

1 Like

Including F-15A Baz

F-15A in 70’ from USAF equipped AN/APG-63 radar (pre-PSP) before upgraded MSIP program

Yes, but my point here is that F-15J is not an F-15A, but an F-15C. From what I understand all F-15Cs had PSP.

2 Likes

For “Air-to-Air Radar Modes for the CP-140 Maritime Patrol Aircraft”, the number is not wrong, but the units are wrong. They used kilometers when they should have used miles, this is why we had the problem.

Spoiler

In the paper, it mentions that the F-4 size target has a 90 km detecting range. However, assuming this is a mile and converting to kilometers, it becomes 144km. (90*1.609=144.841)

This is completely consistent with the graph in the “F-15 AN/APG-63 Radar Case Study Report”.

Spoiler

This graph shows a detecting range of nearly 80 nautical miles.

But, this does not match the graph in the “F-15 Design and Approach Presentation”, so there may be some confusion about this. In that graph, we see that the T-33 is almost always detected at 65 nautical miles.

Spoiler

However, in the “F-15 AN/APG-63 Radar Case Study Report”, they mention a 20% increase in detecting range due to the upgrade of AMP module.

For a 20% increase from 65 nautical miles, it is 78 nautical miles, which is also matched by the graph in the “F-15 AN/APG-63 Radar Case Study Report”.

Spoiler

Notes: “F-15 AN/APG-63 Radar Case Study Report” was written in 1983 and “F-15 Design and Approach Presentation” was written before that, so this is not conflicting.

Therefore, converting 78 nautical miles to kilometers gives 144 km. (78*1.852=144.456) This number matches the range in the paper if we assume the range in the paper is in miles.

11 Likes

Nice to see. But why their insistence on using that document? There’s no reference to that information anywhere and

Spoiler

2024-06-25 (1)
2024-06-25 (2)
2024-06-25

What will be the RCS figure used because the F4’s RCS is larger than the T-38 (1.3m^2) and T-33(2m^2)? And the “Medium Target” in the case study is 2m^2.

Even the beamwidth mentioned is wrong. 3° to 2.5° as specified in the -34 and close to the value you get by using optical waves, 42 linear elements at half-wavelength

Spoiler
Spoiler

2024-06-25 (3)

Spoiler

2024-04-21 (4)

1 Like