F-111A needs work

F-111s didn’t get later Sidewinders until later in life on later models. The F-111A currently in game only had 9Bs in real life. There will likely be more F-111s added to War Thunder eventually.

Gaijin had said they didnt add the Aim9J to the F111 for balance reasons. I believe it was included in the devblog or it was the devstream.

There has already been the appropriate bug report submitted, acknowledged, and Gaijin refuses to add them for “balance”

1 Like

Well like I said, it’s historically accurate anyway. The 9J wasn’t even released until 5yrs after the F-111, and being a strike aircraft it may not have gotten them right away regardless. The F-111D and even the F-111F were out by the time the AIM-9J was introduced to service.

Flew. After takeoff at the end of the runway, the aircraft stopped gaining speed, and after retracting the landing gear and flaps, it just fell down. Let the person who messed with it fly it. The aircraft is literally broken.

The missiles other strike aircraft have at 10.7-11.0: R-60M, R-60MK

They could 100% keep the F-111A at 10.7 with only AIM-9Js

6 Likes

The F-111A was flown with Aim9j’s though even if they didnt initially come out with them. F-111A’s had several upgrade cycles as well so Gaijin could easily add the Aim9J’s to the current F-111a and remain historically accurate.

3 Likes

Update:

i just finished taking the F-111A from stock to spaded. It was a pretty miserable experience.

I actually had better luck bringing Aim9B’s and the vulcan then i did with a bomb load simply because its too slow with bombs to make it to the bases in time. Even the stock 2 aim9b’s and vulcan seemed to net more points for me then taking bombs. Most of your kills will be with the vulcan and a radar lock.

If you take a minimal bomb load to just kill one base, you may be able to get to a base before others but it will be difficult.

I just found it easier to engage in the PVP aspect then to do bombing at all. If given some alone time u can use the vulcan to get some AI ground units but the rewards for these suck.

The 3rd person gun sight is aimed high still but the cockpit gun sight is correct. If you’re dogfighting, use ur radar to lock onto enemies because the F-111A has the gun lead indicator so itll make your gunsight actually useful.

Even in a full air superiority loadout, this thing bleeds speed like crazy so use it to ur advantage to force overshoots where you can.

Otherwise this is a real rat plane and not easy to use.

Definitely one of the worst stock to spaded experiences ive had.

1 Like

yes, gaijin have use the hype for this plane and after 3 mounts have nerfed and broken that.

6 Likes

a classic

The F-4C used to have it back when it was added (I think) but they changed it a long time ago

The “Vark! Vark! Vark!” crowd sure ended up real quiet nowadays…

6 Likes

Note: I’ve created a bug report regarding the missing CCRP info in Sim: Community Bug Reporting System

Please support! = )

3 Likes

Wrong. The F-111A currently ingame used later models than the -9B even during its time in Vietnam.

sorry but this is gaijin we are talking about you think they really care about what people say about wrong BR this wrong BR that the main reason why they did it is for you to try to get a premium vic thats all

but yes i agree with you the new 10.7 br is way to steep for the f111A

The 9E is the direct successor to the 9B in USAF service. It entered service in what, ~1968? A year after the F-111 was introduced. How do you know the F-111A in game isn’t the model, as introduced in to service, before a 9E was even available? Why wouldn’t they put the very first version in the game first? If Gaijin wanted to, they could release a whole second F-111A labelled “Late” with different options on it.

Tell me the modifications required to mount an AIM-9E on a -9B rail, i’ll wait. If you’re going to be a pedantic fuckwit, at least know what you are talking about.

Edit: lmao cry more

1 Like

The 3D model is not that of an early (pre) production (#65-XXXX) F-111A as the Dual Bomb Timer is not all the way over by the pilot’s left knee, but has been moved behind the center stick, later configurations (those produced beginning '66) replaced it with the left-hand section of the Caution lamp panel, and movement and replacement of asorted Black boxes on the Left Sidewall, and center console of which these changes are reflected in game.

Though of course this only reflects the modeling, not the intended configuration (see F-14 / -15 / -16s as they have similar discrepancies) The presence of the GAM-48 (AGM-12B) would indicate a later configuration is intended by Gaijin, as the initial F-111A’s were not deployed with the capability, though it is also erroneously missing access to the AGM-12C & -12E.

Also the Standard skin is that of #67-0091 which is a production airframe (A1-136) and as per F-111.net, was deployed in late September arriving at Tahkli RTAFB on the 4th of October,1972. And as such did not participate in earlier deployment / operations, only entering service partway though Linebacker.

With the AIM-9E coming online after Linebacker concludes it’s likely that they would have had access, though the fact that they are as standard carried internally doesn’t help since they probably won’t be VID’d easily.

5 Likes

Would love to see it get Aim-9E and a BR decrease to 10.3 where it belongs (along with the F-105 going down to 10.0 as well)

The vulcan gunpod was proven to have capability to be mounted at 0 degrees elevation by multiple sources back when the F-4C had the gunpod angled downward. The last thing I heard was gaijin assumed it couldn’t because of stock gun in-game dispersion making bullets clip through the radome, but IRL the dispersion of the gun doesn’t even get close to the radome.

1 Like