External ammo storage

Hello everyone,

there is something interesting with ammo storage in this game
the number 1,3,4 mags both count as one and if the ammo 1,2 gets destroyed your whole vehicle is blown up which it should maximally take the gunner out or the 2 loaders in the back but not all the crew

if someone could explain, that would be nice have a great day

the shrapnel would kill everyone. it’d be the equivalent of a large grenade going off

2 Likes

even number 2? i would have thought only the gunner and the 2 guys in back would get knocked out. But ok, thanks for anwsering. :)

1 Like

It’s an open top vehicle. If you detonate 2 magazines, everything goes boom from the explosion and the shrapnel.

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to ask and understand this issue. It’s nice to see someone learning instead of insisting it’s how they think it should be.

2 Likes

Trouble with them surviving is that they’d probably be maimed anyway. Explosions aren’t predictable and the odds of anyone surviving a explosion from a bunch of 30mm rounds going off inside that proximity would be devastating.

1 Like

This is it…lightly armoured vehicles CANNOT have the same resilience that armored vehciles have…tanks add LOTS of armor so they can survive gun rounds.
Light armor should be fragile or balance is lost…not to mention realism…i still recall hitting Flak88s with 5 or more tank rounds and the thing kept firing back…and my tank would die to a single round.
I can accept that light vehicles can SOMETIMES get lucky…but not as a rule…

2 Likes