Everything wrong with the AMX-30, AMX-32 and AMX-40 series of vehicles

Maybe making a new suggestion on these grounds might be a good idea. It looks like they denied this one because it was referring to the AMX-40’s actual components, but if it were to be argued from a balancing perspective it might be a good idea. After all, there has been changes to the reload rate of vehicles that the AMX-40 regularly faces, so if we’re lucky just pointing out it’s getting powercrept can help.

I wouldn’t bet on it, knowing Gaijin, but nothing is lost by just trying I guess.

I think someone could do the math on it. There are photos on OFL 120 G1 out there - being a pretty common shell that’s now out of service, it could be possible to find photos of the penetrator - if not of 120 G1, then of 105 F1. Dimensions can probably be estimated from that, since iirc the penetrator is the same.

I felt this way until I unlocked all the mobility upgrades… since then I’ve been loving how mobile it is. It feels like the most mobile MBT in its BR range, but I don’t have 9.7 in every tech tree so I can’t know for sure. I almost always get to my positions first and manage to pull off flanks because of it, which is probably why I do well in the AMX-40 even with its shortcomings.

I’ve spaded the AMX 40 and have an expert crew, etc. Though I still found it not that much better (if at all) compared to other MBTs around 10.0 - especially at low speeds it felt lacklustre. Funnily enough, I find the AMX 30 BRENNUS feels pretty mobile despite only having 20hp/t.

I totally agree with the BRENUS… it feels way better to use than the AMX-32 does for some reason, so nowadays I bring my AMX-30B2s instead of the AMX-32 and manage to do better in them than I otherwise would. So weird.

I’d say AMX-40 should definitely get a reload speed buff for the simple fact that the Leopard 2K is objectively much superior due to the vastly better turret rotation and elevation speeds, which are far more important than thermals.

1 Like

If you can, try to drive the XM800T and HSTV-L or Leopard 1 (specifically the original Leo 1).

Despite the XM800T and HSVT-L weighing very little, having over 30 HP/tonne, their low speed turning is very sluggish, it feels like you have input lag when trying to turn with them. Leopard 1 is similar as well, to the point that the heavier A1A1 turns faster.

The AMX-50 Surbaisse is also a noticeably more mobile and responsive than the M103, despite being a tonne heavier and having only a slight HP/tonne advantage (0.42)

Are there any sources showing that the AMX-30 S DCA did or did not have APDS?