Event upgrade coupon is insanely hard to get

It’s a choice Gaijin made to make the new requirements to get a tradeable coupon for event vehicles to require abnormal grind.

Putting any blame on the player for something out of their control is disingenuous. A normal player can certainly reach the stated goal of obtaining the event vehicle. The current coupon grind required is beyond the “average” player’s activity or even my own which I would personally consider above average.

I do prefer the current system over the old one but that is because I find getting score to be easier and more straight forward than random challenges and it’s a nice compliment to my grind. The score required to obtain the coupon is obnoxious.

3 Likes

The coupon takes away from Gaijin’s sales as it’s worth 1600 space bux or a return on the marketplace in “real” dollars, so your queue contribution has to match their loss or they would net lose from the prize gift. Your queue count and play time contributes to other players participating more which leads to purchases.

They’re certainly incentivized to make the vehicle more rare so that its price is higher overall irrelevant of the vehicle’s legitimate performance. I don’t know the sweet spot they’re looking for I presume $70+ for event vehicles.

If that was true the last event vehicles wouldn’t be selling for 18 gjn now

1 Like

The 292 is sitting at $100 GJN

They are cheap only beacuse they suck. Jaguar, Bing Chilling Arty and now low tier premium

1 Like

Yeah, I fully agree

and PLZ83-130 are at 17.5 gjn, which proves my point that no matter how hard it is to get, if people don’t like it, it won’t sell

Supply and demand.

Gaijin can’t affect demand without making a vehicle ahistorical, they can affect supply.