Eurofighter Typhoon - Germany's Best Fighter Jet

hence the curve

1 Like

IRIS-T integration wont happen until 2026 as well

Yep, because Locksneed Merlin are being difficult

1 Like

Why is this hidden?

Shini started abusing the flag feature on several posts that were on topic because I happen to be disagreeable sometimes. No big deal. I’m not going to be that petty about it. No skin off my back.

@Pacifica could u look over the last few posts and tell us if any feature got abused, or if them talking mainly about the stealth features of other aircraft can be seen as off topic. Additionaly could you please confirm that circumventing flagged posts trough edits and not changing anything is abuse of the feature?

If you would decide that their conversation is on topic i would of course stop and apologize,

The EF Typhoon if/when its added could very well be pitted against stealth aircraft. Was it entirely on-topic no. But nor was it entirely irrelevant. If we had been discussing the radar on a light cruiser, then maybe I could see the issue. But everything dicussed could very well affect the EF Typhoon once added to the game. We are entering an era where things like exposed rivets on an airframe and its effects on radar could actually have an impact on gameplay. Especially for a jet like the EF Typhoon that will likely be THE top tier jet for the remainder of WT life for 3 nations (currently)

Using Eurofighter as an excuse, they are arguing about the surface treatment of stealth aircraft.
I think there’s a no reason to be in this thread, because there’s only a few words in the conversation about Eurofighter.

2 Likes

Vehicle comparisons to me seems to be on topic. Comparing Eurofighter extensively in its performance to other possible competitors seems like a good thing.

But, you guys are all welcome to come to the Mirage 2000 thread and make lots of comparisons. Come make the M2K thread alive again.

Back to the thread being a desolate landscape of despair and silent agony then I guess, y’all would say discussions of the canopy is “off topic” because we’re discussing the glass and not the fighter it’s placed on or something.

Can’t you do anything but sarcastically say what people say?
It’s better to be quiet and desolate than noisy on this topic.

Eh… could? Maybe. Later versions especially, but maybe not the most common ones we’d use.

Look at the current state of BR compression, we have Sabres at the same BR as MiG-21s. Personally I’ll be very, surprised if any Eurofighter (apart from maybe the DA / IPA series) is at a BR where it can’t see stealth aircraft.

Even if it doesn’t end up seeing stealth aircraft RCS will likely start playing a bigger role in the game going forward (Gaijin is already looking into a report about Radar Absorbent Material applied to British Tornadoes during the Gulf War).

1 Like

Dude, it’s clear you haven’t looked beyond the compression. 9.3 - 10.7 is quite literally where it all is, and it’s there cause ground hasn’t been decompressed yet, which takes some time.
So no, the first gen Eurofighters likely won’t be seeing stealth aircraft.

The F-4E, F-4EJ, F-104S (non-ASA) and MiG-21bis can all face MiG-29s, F-16s, and F-14Bs. With that in mind Eurofighter’s facing stealth aircraft is hardly unthinkable.

The most modern* Eurofighters facing stealth aircraft is hardly unthinkable.
F-4E can still assist the team in winning. 11.0 to 12.0 is different than 13.3 to 15.0+.
F-104S certainly can, along with Mig-21 Bis.

It is entirely dependent on BR Compression of the time. Ideally, yes, only the latest variant of the Typhoon would see stealth, though would still be a typhoon that would see them. But I can very much see an overlap between the early/first Typhoon and early stealth aircraft, such as the F-117, providing they dont screw up the BR decompression, IF we get one.

But flame is right, maybe a early typhoon may not encounter stealth, but many jets that weren’t “stealth” had RAM applied to them, and with things like ECMs on the way and radar becoming more advanced, discussions like this will be key.

Yeah, 11.0 to 12.0 actually exists and you have no clue how they’ll implement future fighters in the game. Not one.

We won’t have accurate information until Aim-9Ms, AAM-3s, Python 4s, etc are in the game.
I’ve always stated we can’t accurately place a lot of aircraft until ARHs & IRCCM missiles have matured.

I don’t agree, I think the Eurofighter spans a broad area though so we can expect it to fit somewhere between 12.0+ and that is probably the best guess we’re going to get at all and anything else is based on luck rather than any sense we make of it.

1 Like