Eurofighter Typhoon - Germany's Best Fighter Jet

I mean, Gaijin was prepared to give the Italian Tornado PGM based on nothing else other than it’s proximity to it…

And there’s this, from ILA 2022

And this of course

EF Brimstone 1

2 Likes

i get that and i’m not complaining either. gaijin will just have a hard time adhering to actual guidelines or whatever they made up because these newer jets often can just carry everything

I’m split between keeping all 3 nations on a level playing field and creating uniqueness between the 3 nations.

Dunno a fighter jet, ready to take off on the runway is a pretty strong indication that this weapon system is integrated. I can’t imagine a stronger proof (One we could realistically get).

We also see it at Typhoons with different designations and squadron markings. So its also not just one demonstrator.

I think they need to create that uniqueness with low impact weapons. Brimstone is going to be the best AGM in game. So unfair to only give it to the British Typhoons. But maybe Storm Shadow? Niche weapon system that would likely be rarely used?

Im sure both Germany and Italy have unique long range stand-off wepaons they could use

that yes, while it is proven german typhoon were equipped with storm shadow i see no need for them since we have the taurus

well you get the best tornados with brimstone access at least, and harriers, you get a lot different carriers while we would only have 1

That is true, though that is the advantage of them being British built. But yeah, I definetly think Brimstones need to be available for German and Italian Typhoons as I guess neither really has other CAS options for the next tier

well they do get laser guided bombs, not optimal but oh well. Besides that the glide Bombs HOPE/HOSBO but the effectiveness of those would be debatable

Certainly no AGM carriers, and defiently non as powerful as Brimstone. Except I guess AV-8B+ will serve italy for quite a while in their TT.

Though I do wonder how much they are going to nerf Brimstone. I doubt they’ll add the “find its own target” mechanic

most likely they will essentialy work like spikes and pars 3

The Brimstones in that image appear to be completely inert drill missiles, so you could argue they were only fitted for aerodynamic tests without being properly integrated. That said it is likely good enough evidence for Gaijin to give it access to Brimstone in game, if they so desire.

Fun fact about the brimstone; theyll be dogpoo(keeping it family friendly cuz there’s a lot of peeps who dont like me and love to abuse the flagging function) in WT, seeing as even the AGM-65D with 51.1948Kg of TNT struggles to oneshot anything it pens, and the brimstones entire weight is 50kg…

Good thing gaijin has made the executive decision NOT to have HEAT missiles overpressure, making GPHE warheads (mostly used by one specific nation in WT, ill let you guess which one) superior in almost all scenarios as air launched ground attack ordinance

Same happened also with photos of Inert Mavericks on German Phantoms. Thats sufficient to get it added.

In peace times…at least for the Luftwaffe…you will rarely find images with with real, ready and armed ground ordnance. Germany is a small country, densely populated with just small troop training areas and shooting ranges.

This kind of weapons are not alloed to be used on German soil. Only abroad. Pars training shots happened in White Sands, USA…AS-20 Nord in Britain (North Sea)… Heli ATGMs like Spike/HOT on Hungarian Soil…Taurus Cruise missile tests in Central Africa. And so on. Thats quite common. This stuff isn’t mounted in Germany during Peace times… just inert practice ones. Ofc if they practice with inerts, it means that they definetly have the real ones as well. Otherwise they wouldn’t practice with them^^

:) This happens again and again and again. Four hits, no kill. You might be right. Gajin modeled Tandem Heat or Heat in general very poorly. It doesn’t even kill a truck.

1 Like

yeah the Pantsir is rather aggregious for not dying to HEAT warheads.

Meanwhile, AGM-65D hits irl:

This was accepted as a bug report btw, its just another one of those things that gaijin doesn’t wanna model for “reasons” (it would substantially buff western CAS)

Its also the reason why we still havent seen GPHE warhead mavericks like the AGM-65E/F/G/J/K despite them not being substantially different to something like the Kh-25ML (has more range technically but gaijin limits laser locks to like 12km so it doesnt relaly matter all that much)

1 Like

Thats a Maverick hit ingame. Nothing happens to this mighty eastern tank (something chinese). I paid 850 spawn points for this F-4 with two Mavericks. One shot killed an AA vehicle, the second one failed as you can see. Was totally worth the 850 sp (not^^).

(critical hit without beeing critical lol)

While the Su-22 with AS-14B (ingame for Germany) kills everything with one hit. When two vehicles are next to each other, you even kill both. Unfortnately I don’t like to mix western tech with eastern CAS.

I’ve had AGM-65B’s get eaten by the turret MG on tanks before.

Also, Mav vs Russian S-24 (basicly same TNT equivalent):

Also, this is my old bug report, passed to devs, never fixed (as usual lmao):

Speaking of, @Gunjob any update regarding this bug report? Is it even still open internally or did the devs just

1 Like

You’re better off whith just mounting 2000 or 1000 lb bombs. Go in very low and use the bomb crosshair to deliver. Bombs always kill with a guaranteed destruction zone. No fooling around like with Mavs, or Pars or Hellfires, which seem to fail more often than they give you kills. No locking issues, no smoke and trees spoiling your lock. I mean its all the same, these western F&F weapons, even the new spike are like this.

When I use my Tiger UHT, I rarely get ground kills. From 8 fired ATGMs you often get not a single kill…even if its 1 or 2 (which would be already stellar), its just not worth the spawnpoints.

1 Like

Isn’t HEAT warhead damage completely decoupled from explosive mass in game?

Depends. Russian HEAT OPs…If often happens when I play Radar SPAAs, when the dish sticks out. They shot heat, it touches your radar dish and the whole crew is gone.