Eurofighter Typhoon - Germany's Best Fighter Jet

This is just the C model

Again, the reason for the AGM 65 and such is because the munitions used by the current countries is stuff thay is currently a bit too advanced for the game. I assume when every nation has a carrier for brimstone and such we may see them added. Definitely looking forward to brimstone grip and EFT

3 Likes

To make things clearer how many Grepin versions is left to be added

Depends on gaijin. We could add a two seater without a gun that has the exact same armament.

Most likely would be 2 gripens left since the A was added way to late and now sits as a Psuedo C model and not an A

The gripen NG which is a C model which has a few modifications that the E would have and then ofcourse the Gripen E which has the slightly bigger body and newer engine that gives the vehicle a better Thrust to weight. Then thats it

Again the thing im most curious in is ECM and EW the gripens specialize in electronic warfare over stealth which between the EFT carrying 12 missiles the E carries 10 whilst staying smaller. Basically just F-5 syndrome.

Do the EFT’s also focus in ECM and such?

1 Like

Depends on who ordered them. Germany ordered the EF-T EK model which has the wingtip jammers. Although I don’t see us getting towed decoy pods (Tornado should be first to see these) anytime soon. The way the game is setup, towed decoys might work in Sim battle, but not in furball anyways.

those didnt have towed decoy pods

Well the F3 Tornados did

1 Like

then he realy needs to specify, those arent your typcial tornados

Yeah and not German

2 Likes

All Eurofighters (with the possible exception of the Austrian ones) have wingtip ECM pods.

Also the TRD can be used up to 9g so should still be useful in dogfights.

3 Likes

AFAIK the Eurofighters all have a standard ECM suite which is okay enough, haven’t seen the jamming lorded about like SAABs Arexis or SPECTRA

And then the EK variant is intended as more of an EA-18G Growler equivalent as a SEAD/EW aircraft to replace the Tornado ECR.

When did I say they didn’t? Are you just assuming something not written? I was simply answering the question of do the EFTs focus on ECM… By stating Germany ordered the EF-T EK model with Wingtip Jammers… Pretty simple.

Currently Germany in the order has asked for the addition of ECM Pods as well, but they want them to be lighter than the generation that was available at the time of order. So its “in the air” based on what they can pull off with the upcoming technology. I know delivery is expected around 2030.

You said:

That could be read as to imply that only the EK has wingtip jammers.

Tbf i think there are two vehicle in warthunder with ecm pods already modeled.

Though they only appear in mission editor or if you look at them in the files.

What was TRD again?

Towed radar decoy. Basically you tow a radar decoy on a long cable(something like 100m) behind the aircraft and it transmits signals which trick missiles into targeting the decoy instead of the aircraft. It is apparently a very effective way of decoying missiles.

1 Like

Correct because they can be ordered without them. But when did I say anything about someone not having them? When did I say anyone didn’t? It is an option either way. I am not able to say that every single one ever ordered had them. Can you?

The best I can say is, don’t make assumption then.

It sure is. Many TRD tune themselfs to incoming threat radio wave, so the missile gets a giant return of exactly what it wants. Afaik radar missiles does not home on return shape, and even is they did the singal from the jammer would simply blind it.

its basically a towed jammer, to counter the home on jam techniques that basically all modern ARH missiles have

that will be done in an EK second batch. First batch will just be Harms-E or newer and ARAXIS