Eurofighter Typhoon - Germany's Best Fighter Jet

T-90S lol. They’re lazy and they know it, we know, everyone knows it. We both also know they will do it just because they can. Most British players prolly won’t mind that either, seeing as a lot of them would happily gobble the Canadian Leo 2A6 for themselves.

Yeah, and I think Italy could get F-16C too (I think)

Figured. UK & Germany have pretty much nothing but the EFT going forward - and I don’t consider AMRAAM busses like F-4F ICE and Tornado (whatever the name was) to be that competitive considering F-16C will get AMRAAMs as well - and chances are we will see the F-15C/E & and Su-27 soon’ish as well.

Also I’m pretty sure Italy never operated the F-16C.

1 Like

Their only hope would be to be either given AMRAAM exclusviely. Forcing weak platform with ARH vs strong platform with SARH or Giving them better ARHs than other jets. Failure to do that. Would mean every fight would go WVR and they’d loose instantly again.

Most would rather see the CR2s playable. With that looking increasingly unlikely (looks maybe some random shadow nerfs this update, but still being figured out) they’d take literally anything else. I’d enjoy the Leo. I think it would have been a better SQV that the soviet tank. But unfortunately you are right. If it aint US or USSR or related. Its not woth it for them. Last update kinda proved that for air

Sadly Gaijin does not plan on that. They’re already stated all nations will get ARH’s at the same time (assuming this will be the upcoming October update we can actually predict most additions):

Germany: F-4F ICE
UK & Sweden: Gripen (or if Gaijin really wants to see UK suffer - they will simply give AMRAAMs to the Tornado)
Japan: nothing, just AMRAAMs being added to the F-16AJ
US: i’d love to say nothing, but lets be real - F-15C with AMRAAMs
Russia: Su-27
China: Su-27 copy
France: MICA for Mirage
Israel: F-15C

Most would rather see the CR2s playable. With that looking increasingly unlikely (looks maybe some random shadow nerfs this update, but still being figured out) they’d take literally anything else. I’d enjoy the Leo. I think it would have been a better SQV that the soviet tank. But unfortunately you are right. If it aint US or USSR or related. Its not woth it for them. Last update kinda proved that for air

Probably, but you can’t really disagree with me here. We all know NATO MBTs will never get their 100% performance (be it nerfed armour of firepower, etc), which is why the old forum had 5+ suggestion posts for the Leopard 2A6M CAN to be added to UK.

1 Like

Yeah, Im predicting F-15, Su-27, J-10 this year as well at this point. Would not surprise me to see the year end with a jump to BR13. and just leave Germany and Britain at 12.3 and a few others at 12.7.

That being said, the J8-Fs PL-12s its been promised are apprently more akin to the Aim-120C. Not B. So its possible we’ll see a mix of AMRAAM types. But unfortuanately im guessing Aim-120C onto the F-16s, Aim-120Bs on the FA2/ICE

consider most NATO tanks are all just C&P of the Leo armour (literally, says the leo in the code for the CR2 armor) yeah, im not surprised by that. With also the recent push for CQB battles in GRB. Its pretty clear who they want to be winning matches. Im surprised theyve not removed CAS yet. Its the one area NATO nations still hold a narrow advantage. Even with OP SPAA added to Soviet nations

I’ve tried explaining it once already, but that’s just a generic name gaijin chose for NERA armours - it really doesn’t mean anything.

Still does not show much confidence on my part. Especially when you consider the current state of the CR2 armour. Especially the TES. Fixing the TES with all available research

1 Like

No, that means other nations will also be fielding 13.3 under that scenario.
Typhoon is not a year late next year as we don’t have the BRs for it yet to begin with.

@FurinaBestArchon You forgot F-15J for Japan.

Britain has needed a new top tier jet since the Mig-29/F-16 was added. That was 10 months ago. Still has yet to be added. The New F-16s and Mig-29 have widen that gap further. We are now officially 1 full BR behind those nations. Sea Harrier FA2 will at most be 12.0 with Aim-120B. 12,3 With Aim-120C. The likelyhood is that the current set of aircraft will for the most part end up at 12.7 maybe even brushing on BR13 when they recieve Fox 3. (unless you really think the F-16C which is already a total menace for any 11.3s in downtiers is going to stay at 12.3 with 2-4x AMRAAM). The Gen 3 AMRAAMs carriers will have to be 1 to 2 stops behind the Gen 4 AMRAAM carriers. Just like they are without Fox 3

I dont think they ever intended for the new stuff to end up at 12.3 so I think they’ve actually pushed all the BRs forward 1 stop, So I do genuinely think this year could end with 13s, its also not set in stone that they only add 0.7 each year

So we will be BR12.7 maybe even 13 by the end of the year and Britain is likely at best going to be 2 stops behind, again. The only other option is the Typhoon which could comfortably come in an early prototype state at 12.7/13 quite happily a lot sooner than that. Like I said, I reckon March next year. (but I think really should be Dec this year and just give some other nations the lead for a change. Please find in the ToS where it says that US and USSR have to have the best vehicles in game)

End of next year, I’d hope for a full Typhoon, not a prototype. For Britain that would be the Typhoon F2 and the addition of ASRAAM on something like the Tornado Gr4. If we didnt get even a Prototype Typhoon by the end of next year. Then we would be somewhere in the region of 2 years without anything even slightly on-par with other nations and in my book a full year behind when it could have come. Not too mention the fact that a Prototype aircraft likely with handicaps is facing off against full strength aircraft of other nations. like late F-15s

IRIS-T retains its original seeker which is 128x2 and mechnically scanned with a mirror giving it that DIRCM resistance which you just wont be able to get from a full frame sensor.

the AMK is part of the EFEM programme but i cannot find anything on that. fact remains that the AMK testing and development was done by Airbus, in Germany, on the IPA7.

Has any explanation ever been given on how that helps DIRCM resistance?

if you have a full frame seeker(like a normal phone camera for example), the whole thing gets blinded with a strong enough light.
however, if its scanned, it doesnt get blinded everywhere. so by scanning the FOV you can get an angle at which the “jamming” is. then, by either rotating the seeker head or the missile, you can get the second angle that you need in order to calculate the flight path. sort of like a “home on jam” mode

3 Likes

impressive seeker, didn’t we?

Gaijin must be taken with a grain of doubt, if Gaijin gave the Sea Harrier FA2 but it didn’t give it the AIM-120 and AIM-132 it should have, making the FA2 as useless as the J-8F or worse, would your expectations at this moment suddenly collapse?

Italy never used F16C However the Italian F16 Block 15 were upgraded similar to a block 50 standard. Indeed they Carry all AIM 120 from A to’ C version.

1 Like

Aim-120 is pretty certain. It literally can’t get any other form of BVR and without that. It would then just be 11.3/11.7 with a crazy good radar and would be quite fun. Would replace the F3.

ASRAAM though, not a chance in hell. Should have been first with Aim9M but never mind that now. But no chance we get 5th gen missiles first. Certainly not this early. I reckon 2024 is going to be setting up for that.

10, 4 ARH + 6 IR

1 Like

technically possible, yes. done IRL and cleared to carry that? no.

was confirmed with an EF engineer. its why you never see one with more than 8 missiles. there are 2 restrictions in which missiles can be carried where and thats the ITSPL which is only IR missiles and the MELs which are only ARH(meteor, aim-120). every other pylon can be used for either ir or arh. so technically it would even be 12, not 10.

but again, its only theoretically possible, not done IRL

for war thunder though it should be possible because gaijin only cares about theoretical possibility

The term you’re looking for is “absolutely” possible, along with “not done by air forces”.