Eurofighter Typhoon - Germany's Best Fighter Jet

No radar is un-notcheable

Probably just going to be later Tornado IDS for the next few updates I reckon.

sub trees look very likely

hopefuly with right countermeasures at least

I can see where they made that claim of SuperTEMP but if I’m not wrong, they didnt make any claim of no-escape zone for AIM-7F.

Fingers crossed

in look-up, most radars are considered “unnotcheable” if the MLC/MBC filter can be disabled, like on Foxhunter. The width of the that filter will determine how easy the radar is to notch, every radar can be notched, LPRF/MPRF help with all aspect detection, but doesnt make a radar un-notcheable.

that is not correct.
all of the wing pylons(minus the ITSPLs) can mount ALDERUs. the MFRL is mounted to those ALDERUs thus making it possible to mount missiles to the inner most wing pylons.
Only the centre wing pylons are special in that they’re plumbed to support fuel tanks

1 Like

Missiles are carried with the MRFL, this is only supported on the outer wing pylons.

MFRL is mounted to ALDERU which is supported on all standard wing pylons

the centre wing pylons have AHDERU’S, which are not MRFL capable, the inside wing pylons are not missile capable because the missiles clip the landing gear.

It says “the 7F simulation”. The wider context being that section is comparing the Skyflash SuperTEMP to the AIM-7F.

they do not clip the landing gear. if they did, then bombs would clip it as well, which they do not.
you can change the type of mount thats on a pylon(and even take them off completely, minus the itspl of course)
but also, the AHDERU has the 30" lug spacing in addition to the 14" lug spacing which is what the ALDERU has(both standard sizes)

the missiles are longer than bombs lol

If im not mistaken, are these not the same mounts that they attach storm shadow too? Or have I got the wrong mount? and so isn’t Storm shadow bigger than ASRAAM?

you missed the point. plus, there is like at least 30cm of space behind the bomb

also:
GBU-48: 3.7m
Meteor: 3.65m
AIM-120C-5: 3.65m

R73 will be fine, Gaijin can’t tune a PID to save their lives so nobody will have a reason to complain, since the missile will just freak out and over compensate

its possible DA3 has a different cleared config to other typhoons, however there is no mention of AHDERU being able to carry MFRL, and there are no images showing missiles carried on the inner or centre pylons either.

Two MFRL can be attached to the OWP via an
ALDERU by means of 14 inc. spaced bail lugs and
hard points to interface with relevant crutch arms.
The MFRL is able to carry AIM-9L, ASRAAM and
AMRAAM missiles within the required flight
envelope and it has been designed following the
modular concept. The main modules of the MFRL
are the following: