Engine sounds broken for tanks after update

While playing ground rb today I have noticed that I cannot hear tank engine sounds when i definetly should, and I’m not alone.

I had a standoff with an Abrams around the corner, and I didn’t hear his engine while I could clearly see his tracks from around the corner, as I was on the other side of the corner. And at that same time a BMP-2 drove by 30 meters in front of me with nothing in-between me and him, and the engine was silent, while normally i can hear BMPs from far away through buildings. Today I heard absolutely nothing in terms of engine sounds, or only when very very close, almost touching.

In-game I asked around and others also had noticed this.

3 Likes

This issue has been in the game long ago but with the new changes to abrams tanks the issue is much worse. Btw anyone noticed a diesel engine is louder than a turbine one? in general every tank who uses the Diesel Leo 2 engine sound are louder than tanks WITH TURBINE engines. I mean yes they are loud and everything but they are not louder than turbine engines and i know it first hand. Even playing with my engine volume at 27 (minimum) i can barely hear other engines (when they sound). So why is that? A bug? A intentional one? A nerf? I dont know but is strange

2 Likes

I have this issue, and my friends too, so I was going searching through forums, and then found you guys.
It’s clearly an issue, but someone in the chat told me it’s a “audio nerf”, clearly a joke to be honest.

1 Like

I feel the same about the Type 93, it’s just a Toyota pick-up truck lol. But oh god, the UNHOLY levels of LOUDNESS it produces.
I have my engine sound set to the very minumum and still this thing gives me earrape whenever I go from stationary to moving.

1 Like