Economy Revision - Our Plan in Detail

Maybe they don’t want to actually fix anything, and despite the gross income change, one reason could be the more players are connected simultaneously, the more expensive will be the hosting servers bills, which could be eventually unsustainable.

Well, going by their own words again:

80% - have never paid a dime into a game

And also acknowledging

players only pay if the game really entertains them

So they admit themselves that 80% of players are not entertained essentially… maybe they should work on that?

Although realistically 20% is more than enough to support the game, and a 100 new players would still follow the same 80/20 percentage at the end of the day which should increase their profit as the 20 outweigh the 80.

3 Likes

Not really .
You always break even , even without premium accounts as long as you do things in battle and not just get in and die without doing any action that nets rewards.

They say , with premium account , when you get in and just die…without any action that nets rewards … you won’t be in a loss in SL.

This way , along with the other premium account bonuses, they make it appealing because you won’t ever result in a loss in currency even if you mess your gameplay badly. The “free” account, needs to just …do something worthy of rewards and it results and breaking even.

In other words premium makes you “failproof” in your currency balance … while “free” if you mess it and do nothing the whole fight and die you’ll have a loss , yet having the capability of breaking even with minimum effort/mediocre games.

You don’t always break even, I played a game where I got out with 200 SL with premium where I 100% would have lost money without premium, mainly because the game doesn’t’ reward persistence and respawning.
Free to play account already has to work a lot harder to get worthwhile SL because of the significant earning differences of course, without premium vehicles even more so.

If premium gets the insurance because they acknowledge even those can lose SL, there is no logic in keeping this from a F2P account if you pretend you want to ensure they do not lose money.

Cause in hour of just flying to target and dying in same plane in RB you do like twice of that. And it requires less skill and doesnt have the super SPAA bases in sim have. You were able to get 400k RP over a single 3h EC match without boosters. This isn´t the case anymore. 50k is a joke compared to that. So if SL gains returned to previous amount, why not RP ones.

Mhm - i liked you posts in general, but i would like to remind you on various posts in the old forum - basically this 80/20 nonsense from gaijin is a worthless statement as f2p games don’t care about the 80%.

In addition there was no reference point mentioned - so 80% in 13 years or 80% of currently active players. Same with this 70 million registered users - i see no mentioning that you can’t “un-register” from wt. Imho this is just the total number in 13 years.

The game itself needs no “outweighting” of non-paying players as it is disguised as f2p in order to get easier to the 20%.

This is exactly the main problem of wt. Their business model is tailored to attract young audience and to lure them to in-game purchases on their way to top tier.

For long term players active in individual comfort zones there is actually a lot wrong with this game. Usually they have everything they need, so “bad economy” is just part of the problem.

I mean if you played for a longer period you simply see the major flaws of game play, game mechanics, BR setting policyy, MM, map design, team compositions, open and hidden nerfs of vehicles, etc.

So even if you have enough in-game and real money to spend - the game might not meet more demanding quality standards in order to invest in it.

The SL rewards in the few matches I could play (lot going on and vacation for the next week) were okay. I had a match which was classic WT, just bouncing and nonpenning russians, while being sniped by sqeaky pumas. I doubt I received any assists, kills or caps. But I stayed positive, although I was playing on Rank 3 or 4. Other matches were up to 40k SL, which was half for dropping a nuke back then. But the RP is still inacceptable. Even in my best matches I hardly made more than 4-5k. How is this supposed to work at Rank 6 or 7?

The new SL rewards are so great! can’t wait for the full changes.

Mhm - i liked you posts in general, but i would like to remind you on various posts in the old forum - basically this 80/20 nonsense from gaijin is a worthless statement as f2p games don’t care about the 80%.

In addition there was no reference point mentioned - so 80% in 13 years or 80% of currently active players. Same with this 70 million registered users - i see no mentioning that you can’t “un-register” from wt. Imho this is just the total number in 13 years.

The game itself needs no “outweighting” of non-paying players as it is disguised as f2p in order to get easier to the 20%.

I mean I get their whole post is just nonsense, and the numbers also do not mean anything but even by their misleading examples they make a bad point.

The game also needs the 80% for a large number of reasons anyways, as much as they want to pretend they’re freeloading or whatever, but whales always finance most of the game, a guy on Reddit was talking about how he spend $25.000 in like 800h of playing, it’s not the person that spends $15 after 500h on a premium that Gaijin cares about.

That’s their business model anyways, the game is designed to attract a small number of high paying customers, they actively made the decision to not make the game more affordable for the average user.

I mean if you played for a longer period you simply see the major flaws of game play, game mechanics, BR setting policyy, MM, map design, team compositions, open and hidden nerfs of vehicles, etc.

Which seems why the focus is on attracting new players who have not seen the patterns, the years of neglect, the years of recurring issues, or more like a decade at this point, I was annoyed in 2014 by getting shot across the map in Poland, and it’s as annoying today, in fact it’s a lot worse now.

Easier to convince new and naive players to spend money on something until they figure out the ploy, than it is to satisfy the disgruntled veteran player who already spend their money and has heard all the excuses already… which is how they operated until the push back.

Even though Steam continues to remove over 200.000 reviews which I’m not even sure is legal to do, this is what concerns Gaijin more because they need to replace the neglected long term player.

3 Likes

Yes, totally agree, I could not write it better.

Also here - i liked your post as a whole, but i see this claim completely different. Imho it is the opposite - they target high numbers of players with moderate initial “buy-in’s” and designed the game progress so that the majority is forced to buy premium vehicles and -time at mid to high tiers.

First of all we have zero data regarding income structure - the only figure we have is a claim of 121 million € of revenues a few years ago.

What we have is hundreds of analysis of f2p games regarding their design and income structure. They confirm the importance of micro transactions and their psychological strategies to attract new customers and to earn money with them - i never saw a vid or report about f2p games focusing on “whales” as they are extremely rare.

I mean the f2p design eliminates the entry barrier of a full price video game with half price updates. Together with the PG12 rating it is obvious that younger players with access to credit card support by mom&dad are the main target group.
You might agree that you will approve 5 requests for 20$ in 5 months without long discussions - but for 100$ as a single purchase you might see the need for questioning your kids.

So by designing the game progression at lower ranks quite easy, you create the illusion that with a few small investments you can get to top tier.

Some realize that they need lots of real money to get there and leave - others look at their already acquired stuff, the time they invested and as being “addicted”, they buy the next premium stuff.

Have a good one!

Edit: Updated revenues…

3 Likes

For me is always a big NO, you are intentionally avoiding fixes, the only way to make this game humanly playable is by taking every multiplier from tier 4 and above and multiply it x3, example 230% rp= 690% rp
200% sl= 600% sl
Every other thing is called “projection” and is mean to distract the user with tons of data (charts, excel pages, unnecessary long explainations) when the simple thing is to just rise the earnings

1 Like

Where is this? and why has nothing been said about it? I’ve asked several times in other threads, but been ignored everytime

1 Like

They mentioned here that’d they’re working on it and would announce plans eventually

“Other Roadmap changes
We knew you’d ask, so we’ll include it here too. We know your anticipation about skill bonuses in RP as well as research bonuses for new nations, and we’re working on these right now too!”

Maybe, but it does specifically state this update and last update, when roadmap stuff got postponed, they said it was postponed. It worth asking about it and chasing it up, so they dont just sweep things under the rug

1 Like

They’ve followed through on their roadmap besides missing time goals which I don’t mind as the major problem with the game was the SL economy and right now it is sublime.

I won’t criticize them for doing something they so far haven’t done. They mentioned in their most recent post they’re working on both features and today’s update launched one of them. Considering that, I’m sure the other one is following.

I’d still perfer them just saying that, not asking for a 10000 word essay on why its delayed, just a confirmation its been delayed. I play Britain, we’ve been totally abdandoned by the devs for the better of a year. Im facing the very real possibility that if I ever want to play WT again and actually have fun. Im going to have slog through grinding another tree. These RP buffs would be a massive boost for me, so im curious about their status

Not only did they update you on it, less than 2 weeks ago, but they did so in two sentences, not 10,000 words. Nor is it even past due in the first place. The roadmap says October OR November, and November hasn’t even started yet.

This IS the October/November update. We literally got it today. We now dont have another update till the END of December.

“We knew you’d ask, so we’ll include it here too. We know your anticipation about skill bonuses in RP as well as research bonuses for new nations, and we’re working on these right now too!”

The wording of this implies that it was being finished off. and as 1/2 of those updates did actually arrive with todays update but the other did not, then Im inclined to believe that this sentence does not suffeciently cover this additional delay.

Can you point me to the part where they said they will only make any roadmap changes during major updates?