Earn Alcione in the Flight of the Albatross Event!

they swapped them to have the AVRE as a prize around the D-Day anniversary, thats it

They could give any of D-Day ships instead there were plenty of them.

1 Like

Italian boat. Very nice. I can take a well deserved break. Just in time too, I will have my daughter over.
And even if I wanted to participate, I would never be able to get the boat for them insane score requirements. 35k points per stage? Lmao. Gaijin pls. These requirements are an insult.

2 Likes

Navy events are the least time costly since you can easily get consistent high scores. You can always not partake, too.

You can also buy the premium equivalent or not play the game at all. But what does that have to do with giving feedback about the event? :)

even tho i am italian imma skip this event. (also because i couldn’t physically get the last 2 points)
I have always wanted an italian vehicle as a event, but a copy-paste ship… no thanks, I’d rather enjoy my summer outside

I am tempted because I am a naval enjoyer.
however…
The botting will be insane…
Again.

1 Like

Sorry for my ignorance, how does the botting work in navals?

Naval is extremely easy to automate, so there are aimbot scripts that let cheaters “play” 24/7 farming points.

3 Likes

My bad, was writing it without the game open to double check I got the name of the guns right

Thats the best part, very easy to farm SL and RP with those bots around

I like the regular Albatros and I will try to get this Alcione, while also researching Alano boat.
Btw I don’t know how, but I became kinda fan of Italian Coastal fleet, I literally have every boat including premiums except reserve copy premium.

On the other hand, reward could be more interesting if it was smth unique, part of class which we haven’t seen in game yet (though it’s a naval prize, it’s always like that).
Also Coastal in general is out of most of players view, it needs its own gameplay to be less affected by Bluewater ships or at least should be able to research big ships in the same way you made it with tanks which can research helicopters.

PS the flag is really cool, I want it.
I don’t see unique camo in rewards, will it have any?

Its kinda like having the WT Mobile freebie Hatsuzuki so you can have a free backup.

You can do a good line up Folaga F-576, Albatros F-543, Alcione F-544, Sparviero P-420 and Alano L9851

1 Like

Excellent - nice boat and easy get for naval mains.

Yah boo sucks to land/air mains who have had all the previous offerings :)

1 Like

We’re doing EC with this one 🔥🗣️📢🗣️📢📢

To be honest, I don’t think it’s needed to use both Albatros and Alcione in the same lineup. This is a bit complicated matter, because Naval is a bit different than tanks in terms of lineups.

The Albatros uses destroyers spawn, which means the game treats it equal to destroyers. It’s not bad for the first spawn, because you know very well where all enemies are (on their spawns). If the map is decently designed and you know it well, you can get a good start with such vessel.

But the situation changes drastically with the second spawn. There are barely any boats later in the battle and enemy ships are much closer to your spawn. With how the game is “balanced”, frigates are pretty bad against destroyers at the same BR (assuming both players have similar skill level). Currently frigates are more like: spawn, rush enemy boats positions, kill as many of them as you can, wait for the battle to end. Even if you die, spawning another frigate doesn’t make much sense.

It’s better to take something like 1 boat, 1 frigate, 1 destroyer as your lineup. In Italian tech tree you can take MC-490 as a boat, Albatros as a frigate and Impetuoso as a destroyer and you have pretty much a perfect lineup. Later in the battle spawning Impetuoso will be a much better option than another Albatros. And if you want to win, but enemies took most zones at the beginning of the battle, spawning MC-490 and capturing zones will be a very good option.

My playstyle is also different than most players. My way of playing is trying to stay alive. I play defensively, I prefer not to go into dangerous areas. I care more about the RP than anything else, because I like to progress in the game, discover new things, compare different vehicles to each other and so on. So even from that perspective alone, the Alcione will not only be useless, but I will have to spade yet another Albatros. I already played this vehicle, I already spaded it, and spading top tier vehicles is not easy. Albatros without engine modifications is a very slow vessel and because of that it’s not very enjoyable to play at the beginning. On some maps you won’t even be able to hide after spawning a stock vessel, you will just die from enemy destroyers/cruisers. Of course it’s more a problem of game balancing, but this doesn’t change the fact, spading Alcione won’t be enjoyable experience. And I already spaded almost identical vessel, the Albatros, so the experience will be the same.

I still don’t see a point of event vehicles that are not unique. Copy-pasted premiums are fine, as you get premium bonuses with them and they are spaded already. Unique event vehicles are fine (even if they only have e.g. different guns), because it’s a slightly different experience to spade them. But copy-pasted event vehicles just doesn’t make sense from my perspective. It’s just another identical vehicle to spade, that won’t even give you any bonus to RP/SL. Of course, this is just my opinion on this matter.

1 Like

Very nice set of rewards again, but I just can’t wrap my head around the logic behind the amount of Mission Score required per stage for these events.

Please cut us some slack, Gaijin. 🙏

Ofc when it come to italy having an event veichle it have to be a boat.
Also, grind 35k points 7 times ?
You surely know how to disappoint people
not worth the grind

Indeed, with so many italian planes and tanks as event veichles is right that this have to be a boat.