Earn Alcione in the Flight of the Albatross Event!

now at 4.0*

To be honest, I’m pretty sure I would research the Albatros sooner if I used all the time required to complete this event. The 35k x7 is the score required, but of course you can get many more RP from that score if you stay alive in battles. Italian tech tree doesn’t have that many boats, it’s easy to research it all in like maybe a week (if you know what you are doing of course).

1 Like

@Stona_WT The armament is gonna be the same as Albatros F-543? or there is something different?

I wish naval was fun enough for me to care about this vehicle

so far it a reskin so ye its rather boring even for nanal enjoyers. And yes they could ve given the later refit with only 40mm bofors instead of 76 and make it more unique. At least on devblog it seems that model is 100% copy paste too.

Can we get an albatross Decoration we can put on our ships, please

You could have done better by choosing a “unique” boat.

so you have to do 42,500 per day to qualify for the trade coupon, i personally will do the 35,000 and unlock on my account.

1 Like

To be Fair, its really easy to grind out 35,000 in Coastal, especially USSR.

At least its going to give me an opportunity to work on more of my Bluewater / Coastal Grind.

So its a +1 from me

1 Like

It would be fine if it had a premium status. I don’t mind copy-pasted tech tree vehicle that has RP and SL premium bonus. But copy-pasting a vehicle that will be identical and also no premium bonuses doesn’t sound any exciting.

It’s also weird that in the new event cycle we already had 2 premium Ground vehicles (TOG II, Churchill AVRE), premium Air vehicle (Eremin’s Yak-3), but still no premium Naval vessels.

3 Likes

It will be without me, I don’t need a ship that I’ll don’t play with it or can trade it on console.

To other, good luck 👍

Yeah, I do understand people got different perspectives, it’s fine for me.

I’m looking at this event from my perspective. I grinded the Albatros, I spaded it already, I even talismaned it:

So imagine my situation and this particular event. What do I gain from grinding the Alcione?

Event vehicles that aren’t unique don’t make sense in War Thunder. The Albatros is better anyway, just think what will happen if the devs add next vehicle in the line. By playing the Albatros, you will get +30% RP bonus. By playing the Alcione you will get nothing extra.

I wish event vehicles had something to be worth it. Because right now they are even worse than regular tech tree vehicles.

3 Likes

Remember that in naval you get 2.2x point score for the event in naval RB battles

One thing: You can now make a nice line-up for the other naval events/events

Yeah but it still doesnt justify the amount of point scores need, even with bigger modifier.
Also naval battles are longer in my experience which also mean you get less points per time played, compared to ground and air battles.

1 Like

plus i always get the vehicle, regardless as you don’t know what might transpire in the future, maybe better changes, i.e. some ships can carry Exocet missiles, at the moment they have no use, but i still have them ready ;)

Just like the battle pass vehicles, the event rewards are also going downhill rapidly after the first 2-3 rewards.

4 Likes

Remember that people have lives outside of War Thunder. Sadly it’s something the devs don’t seem to understand.

1 Like

So what was the point in swapping of ground and naval events, if prize just another clone?

1 Like

Ship? and 600k mission points for a grand total 10 to 15 gjn? The last 4 event vehicles are incredibly unfun or uninteresting but hey atleast gaijin still got time to mess up a simple BR ‘‘Decompression’’ and
leave 50 ongoing bugs unfixed :)