Yes, I think perhaps the best thing is if they did (imo),
Export vehicles and genuinely should-be optional vehicles, should be in folders unless there are no other vehicles in that BR range to put into a folder.
I think folders actually are not the greatest thing for the game. They encourage skipping many vehicles and not building lineups. I think the best thing they could do with progression is make only minor variants and export stuff foldered, but have more vehicles NOT in folders, and the cost of each vehicle is just less.
Like for example, if there was 2 tanks in a line at Rank VII that are 300,000 RP each (random example), and they add like 6-8 more tanks in that Rank in that same line that were minor variants and stuff, then I would rather see like 6-8 tanks that are most of the time NOT in folders, but each vehicle is like 100,000 RP each instead. This would encourage building lineups and having backups, not encourage 1-death leaving because you researched a new vehicle and everything else is in folders so you’re just skipping the entire rank.
They probably won’t do this but I think this is what would be the ‘ideal’ situation.
Like less folders, but like how sometimes RP costs of modules when spading vehicles is based on how many modules are in that tier, the cost of vehicles should be based on how many vehicles are at that Rank. Say 3 vehicles at one rank are 250,000 each, but then the cost of 6 vehicles at the same rank in a different line, are 125,000 each. I don’t know 100% if that would work, but in general I actually am not a fan of the folder system, folders should be reserved for very minor sidegrades and vehicles that genuinely should just be optional (like exports in a lineup that doesn’t need them), not the majority of the vehicles at a tier nowadays it feels like.
Maybe not the most popular opinion, but I think the current system is actively promoting the 1-death leaving and stuff people do, taking 1 tank and not lineups, etc.
its pretty clear for me that the huge ammount of grind you have to do makes the 1 tank lineup even worse, if you could grind more vehicles or at least get the ones which are sidegrades easier would make people have less issues with incomplete lineups.
As it is rn, from my personal experience, after playing over 200 matches to get a new tier vehicle i much rather play this new vehicle without any other same br vehicle than play the old one for more 100 or so matches to be able to finally make a simple 2 tank lineup.
It’s crystal clear I’m asking whether any of the vehicles are unique. There’s no complaining. Never said anything about copy-paste. Let me know if I need to make it more obvious ;)
Depends what you mean by unique. If we’re talking real world characteristics and modifications, then yes, they are largely unique, although not all such adaptations have been modelled in the game.
Yes, I mostly meant in terms of characteristics and modifications. Shame Gaijin didn’t follow through with it
As long as PRC Flag is in the TT as a default and the ROC flag isn’t even in their own vehicles and not even mention as an option in the TT, Taiwan (ROC) is a subtree to China (PRC)
@Jarms
Your claim, not mine.
The fact your post claims camo patterns makes copy-paste vehicles unique after claiming being a unique vehicle makes it copy-paste is hilarious.
My claim? Buddy, I’m the one saying it’s all copy-paste. You’re the one who says “oh, it’s got a slightly different modelled headlight so it’s 100% not copy-paste.”
You’re also the one who claims the Maidens tanks are unique despite being copy-paste reskins of existing top tier premiums.
@Jarms
Flip-flopping your position I see.
Maidens tanks aren’t reskins, they’re as unique as Leclerc & M1A1 are to each other.
Just because there are similarities doesn’t mean a 3D modeler wasn’t hired to make a new model.
Camos aren’t 3D modeler things.
& 3D modelers need new reference material to use for their work, which itself is dozens of hours of research & collecting/purchasing good references.
3D modeler clearly touched this too, so in your eyes it’s unique but your claim is that this is actually copy-paste. So, somewhere, deep down, you might actually understand that when people say copy-paste they’re not talking about the 3D model. They’re talking about performance, and the Maiden tanks for example are literally the exact same vehicle as the standard premiums.
@Jarms
One was screenshot without the smoke grenade modification unlocked, & the other screenshot was with the smokes unlocked.
Ah, the argument that fuels the claim that Leclerc is copy-paste of M1A1 appears again.
That definition is awful because it allows entirely different lines of vehicles be accused of copy-paste.