Dreams Come True 2026 Predictions

Fair, but a DCT vehicle should be something very popular with a lot of fomo. Something people just have to get. (Or feel like they have to)

A vehicle you never heard of before and need to google is not really meeting those requirements. Something that kicks with its looks alone.

1 Like

I suppose I should emphasize that these would mostly be unique to Japan. Like I said, Japan has no quirky/gimmicky vehicles among available options, especially not something like the XF5U (though, really, very few things are that wacky), so if Japan is to get a DCT vehicle, these are really the only options to my knowledge. Something like the Ki-64 would likely offset its relative lack of uniqueness by its sheer popularity for consideration as a DCT vehicle, by my reckoning.

I agree. The 44M Tas would be best implemented in a way that is accessible to all. However, it would not be unlike Gaijin to introduce something like this as an event vehicle (unfortunately).

2 Likes

Yeah, Gorgon is one of my dream vehicles, but not many others. There is a similar vehicle though that I remembered just now. If we’re assuming that the host nation is going to be a nation which hasn’t had a DCT vehicle yet, then Thonburi fits the bill to a T. Highly requested, off-meta, and just kinda weird. It was designed and constructed by Japan as well, so it being a Thai operated vehicle wouldn’t cause as much of an issue as locking the Hungarian homegrown 44M to DCT.

I’m not necessarily fighting for a ship to be added, but in terms of the Rank range we’ve come to expect for DCT vehicles, I just don’t find most of the speculated aircraft or tanks in this thread to be very interesting in regards to DCT. I would like to see the Ki-64 some day.

1 Like

Simply put, the Ki-64 is a combination of the He-100 and the VB.10. The Ki-88 is the Japanese equivalent of the P-39 or P-63. And the Ki-98 is the Japanese Saab 21.

All these aircraft are unique for Japan, as there were no other prototypes quite like them. The Ki-98 is the least unique, given the existence of the unfinished project Ki-94-I and J4M. The Ki-88 and Ki-64, however, are truly unique in the Japanese context.

2 Likes

The issue is not that the turret wasn’t built.

It’s that here is no actual performance of the ammo or the gun for the Kranvagn. All numbers are predictions as the gun development completely stalled before prototyping even began.

The vehicle is far too paper to be added to the game.

They don’t need to be wacky, there just are many, many, vehicles that either are truly unique or that sufficiently set themselves apart from existing vehicles.

Look at the XP-67, the only other blended wing “fighter” plane ever built was the YF-12 and that was a radically different design.

Or the BV 141, which, well, just look at it

Spoiler

bv141

The T-249, which mounts the largest ever built rotary cannon.
The T92 HMC, which carries the largest howitzer (not mortar) ever mounted on a tank chassis.
The FCM F1 would be the largest double turret tank and the O-I would be the largest triple turret tank.
The O-I would additionally be the largest tank ever built.
Or the T-22 that I just came across, that is the only tank to have a second turret on-top of the turret that has an actual gun (not just a machine gun like the Conqueror and the M-103).

If you compare the Ki-64 to the VB.10, there really isn’t much special going on.
But if you compare the Wyvern or A2D-1 to the VB.10, you have a major difference, thanks to the turboprops.
The Ki-98 is basically just a Saab 21, but the S.4000 and Fokker D.XXIII set themselves apart from the Saab 21 with their propeller layout (S.O.8000: counter-rotating; Fooker: push - pull configuration).

The VB.10 is yet another reason why the Ki-64 shouldn’t be a “dreams come true” vehicle. Why does France get to have its unique fighters, while Japan has them locked behind events?

Only three Japanese fighters featuring contra-rotating propellers were ever built: the Ki-64, the N1K prototype, and the experimental Ki-44. I would love for them to be included in the standard tech tree, as this is a fascinating technology that other nations could also utilize. However, Japan tends to have its unique “toys” locked behind premium or event status—take, for instance, the H8K3, the Ki-48 with the I-Go Otsu, the Ki-94-II, the Ki-87, and the J2M4 (why are all Japanese single-engine fighters with turbochargers either premium or event vehicles?). I do not want the Ki-64 to suffer the same fate.

1 Like

To be entirely fair we are already in the realm of paper vehicles look at top tier air, we have no data on the Gripen E AOA yet gaijin has it entirely guessed we start going further and it’ll be the same.

In this case the Kranvagn just uses the standard gaijin go to of whatever the devs want like we already have with vehicles.

1 Like

That’s about it though. Unless Gaijin changes their rules on what can and can’t be added, a suggestion is about as far as it would get.

That, and the fact that contra-rotating propellers aren’t even that special in the first place lol

We’ve got the A2D-1, MB.5, Shackleton, S.O.8000, Tu-95M and Wyvern in-game and technically the Do 335 and Fokker D.XXIII use contra-rotating propellers as well, just in a push-pull configuration.

They are unique for Japan, as only three aircraft featuring them were designed for the country. For the Army, there was the Kawasaki Ki-64 and an experiment involving the Nakajima Ki-44; for the Navy, the Kawanishi N1K1 (prototype only) and the Kawanishi E15K. Yes, I know quite a few aircraft have this feature, but Japan hasn’t received its own contra-rotating propeller aircraft yet.

2 Likes

It’s really a shame how often “special” features like this end up being locked behind paywalls or FOMO events.

I love turboprops for example, but those are banished to being premium/FOMO only.

Flying boats and tanks armed with additional rockets also tend to end up being premiums.

When it comes to turbochargers, the Fw 190 C and BV 155 got treated the same way, sadly

2 Likes

I am aware of this fact. However, all of these vehicles you listed (except the FCM F1, which may struggle to be added, and the O-I, which was denied) are from the nations that already have DCT vehicles. If the assumption of no repeated nations holds, these would not yet be eligible. My claim that the Ki-64 is the best choice for DCT is based on that assumption being true. I agree that there are more interesting choices from USA, USSR, Germany, and Britain if they are included. But if you have any viable additions from the remaining nations that you believe satisfy both the popularity and the uniqueness requirements, then they may be real considerations if the assumption holds.

Indeed, it would be nice to have the Ki-64 as a tech tree vehicle, and it would probably fit well there. However, given that we’ve waited for it for many, many years now with no sign of it coming, I fear that it probably won’t come like that. Via DCT may be the only real chance we have to get it. I would take the Ki-64 as a DCT reward over not getting it at all, even if it isn’t the best solution.

EDIT: As an additional consideration, the VB.10s probably came to the tech tree due to the fact that France’s selection of indigenous designs from that period and around that level were few and far between, and they wanted less copy/paste.

2 Likes

According to what ChatGPT (I’m lazy and didn’t feel like checking this myself) told me, the P-47 is the most numerous single-engine fighter with a turbocharger. Apart from the P-47, most countries have restricted access to turbo-equipped aircraft (with the exception of the USSR). It’s actually amusing just how much of a dominant position the P-47 holds in this category.

2 Likes

Best case scenario: DCT reward is another meme vehicle

Worst case scenario: DCT reward is a highly requested and well performing vehicle

If nation repeats aren’t an option, we will very likely end up with a worst case scenario

It’s a lose-lose situation lol

2 Likes

images (23)
Type 4 Ha-To?

pz5_jap
Japanese Panzer V Panter D?

5 Likes

I mean, a Japanese Panther being FOMO wouldn’t hurt nearly as much as one of the planes being FOMO

I can’t see why it should not. Sooner or later there would have to be repeats. The Bob Semple Tank has to be a DCT Vehicle, and Britain would be the most likely Nation for it I think. Such a rule would negate many strong options. Same with the BV-141 for Germany.

Well, how realistic would the addition of an anti-tank gun on the Bob Semple be?

Because without one, it wouldn’t even be a good meme vehicle

It is extremely iconic and a perfect meme vehicle.