Downtier Kugelblitz to 6.7

Point is: if it never plays at 7.0 but only gets to tag along with the 7.3 German tanks, there’s no reason to leave it 7.0. It might as well be 7.3 then.

Like I said, 6.7 or 7.3 I don’t care, just make it consistent.

SPAA should be balanced around the performance of the planes at that BR range first and the ground vehicles second. The krugel doesn’t preform the best against early jets but it preforms too well against late props. I personally think that SPAA should be a counter to planes and should therefore have an advantage BR for BR against them. Gaijin, however, seems to have the opposite opinion based off their continuous nerfs and BR increases to SPAA.

1 Like

How?:

1 Like

Kugel has worse guns than the sub 1-2 for anti air (higher fire rate and higher muzzel velocity) and praga for anti tank (kugelblitz does only have 1/3 hvap while having less pen than the praga). Armor doesn’t matter that much because the turret and hull roof still can be penned by 50. cal.

Additionally it’s much slower than these 2.

It shouldn’t be higher than these if we go after the armor, speed and firepower triangle.

1 Like

There are no known photographs of the prototype(s). It’s unknown whether they were ever actually built to begin with. https://tanks-encyclopedia.com/flakpanzer-iv-3-7-cm-zwillingflak-43-ostwind-ii/

2 Likes

There is no work-number for the Ostwind 2 which brings doubts of its 2 prototypes even existing, add to the fact there is no evidence of a prototype even being worked on in official documents

Well, at 7.0 is higher than some of the best super props in game and shares a BR with early jets.

I really think 6.7 would be fine even if you take into account the planes it’s going to see at that BR.

1 Like

Much better armor? Armor against what exactly, is there anything at 7.0 that struggles with a Panzer IV chassis? And have you shot a Praga? It goes through like butter, they’re impossible to kill unless you have HE, no armor best armor is meta.
It also has lower pen and a way worse belt.

2 Likes

It performs too well against what?

24% win rate. It is not being used outside of a team being crushed, so difficult to assess its true potential. After spending far too much time with level 10 players spooning their 5.7-6.7 lineups it is jot surprising.

The Japanese one is odd as it has very little survivability, the Kugel has always been more difficult to pick apart due to the separation of the vehicle with the ball turret.

Russian SPAA never ever make sense.

I won’t say what I think should happen as I really do not know. However having weak lineups and having to bring them up or leaving them with limited backups (6.7-7.0 planes compliment 7.0 lineup if you are going full anti-air) is just something every nation has to deal with.

When you are in that 6.7 German lineup and you get UK on your side I hope you appreciate that amaxing 2 vehicle lineup helping out with 1 Tortoise and a Ratel 20 (in hindsight I wish SA was a seperate nation since no longer getting many missing UK vehicles that they appear to have replaced).

Maybe when these BR changes settle a better place might be found. But the way most seem to approach WT (rush to top asap and yolo all before) allows for vehicles potentital being ruined by too many inexperienced.

24% winrate indicates it’s useless at this point, because at 7.3 you already get the Wiesel and then you get the Gepard, there is no reason for the existence of the Kugel at 7.0 as it cannot go with anything.
And a 0.5 k/d against air also seems to me there is no problem putting it at 6.7 so it can actually be used.

If other nations have to deal with that issue than maybe Gaijin should deal with that issue and not ruin lineups left and right at every opportunity.

1 Like

The win rate clearly shows the vehicle is used mainly as a last ditch effort in a lost battle. I think you over-egged that part.

Part of the “skill” of this game is coping with lineups. I’ve done it in multiple nations trying to spade vehicles.

6.0-7.0 has far too many level 10s rushing through to top tier due to its much higher population (same as Russia in many cases). Not acknowledging this is just bad manners in my view (US air… cough).

I admit there is a fair amount of wiggling to be done still but we have only just decompressed this zone.

1 Like

The win rate clearly shows the vehicle is used mainly as a last ditch effort in a lost battle. I think you over-egged that part.

Okay and why would it be used in such a manner? Why would you only use a vehicle as a last ditch effort? Is it because it’s useless and not good for anything else but a cheap late spawn? If it was a good vehicle it wouldn’t be used as a last ditch effort.

Part of the “skill” of this game is coping with lineups.

The skill of opening your wallet and compensating with buying a premium or event vehicle to make a lineup?
What is the skill, there’s an SPAA at 7.0 with nothing at 7.0 and it get replaced at 7.3 if not 8.0.
There is no reason to have it in any lineup just like there is no reason for it to be 7.0 as a WW2 Panzer IV chassis.

Level 10s and bad players? You not noticed in lower BRs that is exactly when players pull out SPAA en masse? I’m sorry but I find your analysis questionable. So all other 6.7-7.3 Germany had a 24% win rate or are these people just spawning teams of only Kugels?

What? Lineups can be just as bare and Premiums/Events have nothing to do with it. Just like many mow will miss the extra 6.3-7.0s they removed.

Skink… deal with it like everyone does? It is just part of the skills of playing WT.

1 Like

Skink is like 5.0, how is that the same thing?

The lineup question.

BUT I am not saying it should not alter, just some of the arguments (lineups) are too weak. If its bad at Air and Ground (average user, not watered down by lots of spanners; SPAA is most often not used well) then yes BR changes can happen. I’m just saying let this new setup bed in a little first.

Kugelblitz isn’t good at 7.0. Line up has nothing to do with it. There are equal anti airs at lower brs.
It shouldn’t be downtierred because it has no line up but because it’s not good at 7.0

1 Like

Yeah, that sort of idea.

How many German players queue up at 7.0 just so they can play the Kugelblitz? Genuine question, not rhetorical. I suspect there are way fewer than those who play it at 7.3, but obviously I can’t verify it.

There is no sense having a vehicle gather dust in the hangar. Waste of graphical assets. The only reason to have a vehicle in the game, is so that people will use it.

If the Kugel already perma-plays at 7.3 as I suspect, then put it at 7.3. if you think it’s bad at 7.3, give it back its HVAP belt and call it a day.

Yeah, not everything can be chalked up to bad players. Look how many bad newbies play things like the F-5C and A-10A. Still have crazy good stats.