[Domination #2] Eastern Europe [Feedback]

Hi!
Please be sure to check the new version of [Domination] Eastern Europe map we have prepared. We have plans to introduce it from BR 4.3+

Please note this is not the variant with destroyed bridges, so please focus your feedback on this specific map. You can find the map in Custom Battles.

Thanks!

35 Likes

Now this is good. But moving B for the northern village and C somewhere in the camps at the south wouldn’t be better?

Somewhere like B3 for B and G5 for C with more buildings surrounding.

With this configuration the combat still very compacted.

26 Likes

I feel that limiting this map to 4.3+ makes it abit small, Id much rather feel its size to be appropriate for 1.0 - 6,7/7.3, Since Everything above that br would make this map feel very small.

Anybody agree?

Also maybe move a capture point to the village aboce the town so there is a reason to keep that area contested!

23 Likes

I think this is great, much better than destroying all the bridges imo.

6 Likes

Much better! I knew the developers would listen o7

My only suggestion would be to push the spawns a little further back.

8 Likes

Well thousands of Votes against it and backlash in the responses will do that lol

3 Likes

This looks awesome

1 Like

Still bad. Why did you move the points into one pile? Leave A and C where they are. It was said above that this is a map for BR 1.0-6.7 maximum.

10 Likes

That’s good. Thought the devs were hellbent on turning every map into a corridor and have players throw themselves into the meat-grinder
meat grinder

9 Likes

I think now it will be possible to shoot from point A to C and from A to B. Can someone make a larger screenshot of the map?

good changes if the caps could all be moved further apart and A and C move south and maybe not quite where they used to be but closer to their original spots

5 Likes

While it does play quite nice, I think the capture points on the bottom part of the map are too close to each other. Ideally the spawns could be moved a bit further back and the two points could be spaced slightly.

For lower BRs (1.0-5.0) it would be nice to see some layouts that allow for more dynamic gameplay, allowing newer players to learn how to flank and with which vehicle, choosing effective routes and so on in a layout similar to this: (Alternatively, the B point could be moved near the B2-3 squares)

How this map plays:

Spoiler

1 Like

Good job on this one, I think it looks good. In fact, this version is so much better than the one with the destroyed bridges, I don’t see why we need the other one at all tbh.

Like this?
Alternate
domination 2 alt alt

Maybe the map could also benefit from moving the spawns a bit further back. Not very long, but about one grid square.
Alternate - spawns moved back
domination 2 alt spawns
In this version I moved all the spawns back further to increase “breathing room” for both teams, and the northern blue spawn was moved further than the others to offset their proximity to B-zone

Here is a poll! (As proposed is the version posted by Stona, scroll up to see it)

(Domination) 2 - Eastern Europe
  • As proposed
  • Alternate
  • Alternate - spawns moved back
0 voters

EDIT: The “Alternate” option was biased in favor of blue team, B-point is now closer to red team to offset this

7 Likes

Itd be nice if gaijing listened to the feedback regarding the eastern europe map ruin.

The blue team has way to much of an advantage on this screenshot though.

1 Like

True. That is fixed in the “spawns moved back” version.

Maybe I should update the “Alternate” and nudge the B point closer to red?

Spoiler

domination 2 alt alt

I think it looks good, will do that

2 Likes

I this version already looks better. I think either this spot or on the B3/C3 line are the only really viable positions that the B cap can be at, but the problem with the B3/C3 line is that it’s pretty far away from the other caps.

Yeaaah kind of… I can see where you’re coming from, but at the same time I feel like there has to be an objective at the B or C line, otherwise there isn’t really a reason to contest the high ground above the city. In that case, like before, this area would be used exclusively for flanking.

I chose the C line in this case to reduce the distance to the other two zones. B line would be too far, I agree.

this is what i like to see being done for map changes and redesigns
players or devs propose map changes,
they get feedback on it,
if not correct they alter it till it is a good map