Does the TU-95M need a reduction in ground battles?

Some time ago, I made a recommendation to reduce the rating by 0.3 in BR for both the TU-95M and the B-52H because they were falling too much against anti-everything attacks. And they did it. There was a 0.3 reduction, and the B-52H became playable and well-balanced. I expected the same for the TU-95M, but that’s not quite what happened. I believe we didn’t take into account that the way to play with the TU-95M is different from the B-52H. The B-52 can spray bombs and drop them at high altitudes without worrying about accuracy. The Tu-95 is something that depends on precision and has a low bomb load.

I recently did some performance tests with the TU-95M in ground battles and had a very mixed experience with it, but overall, in almost every match I played with it, it was possible to notice high mortality rates for anti-all bombs, especially those with 30mm cannons like the Gepard and XM. In almost every match, I was either caught by an anti-all bomb after dropping the first bomb or before even getting close to the map.

I recently made a post showing the best way to fly the TU-95M and land it. In it, I showed that to do so, you need to maintain a relatively low altitude and fly at a speed of around 560-620 km/h. This is an important point because it’s the only way to land a bomber the size of the TU-95M on the map and runway size we currently have, making the TU-95M’s performance similar to other lower-ranked bombers.

The most viable option I believe to solve this problem is a 0.3 reduction in the Tu-95M’s br, placing it at 7.7, the same br as the Yak-28B. This is similar to some anti-aircraft guns with radar but sufficient firepower to defeat the Tu-95, such as the VEAK 40, ZSU, M163 in ground mode.

But with a br limiter so it doesn’t drop to 6.7 or lower. So, I would like your opinion. Do you think it deserves this change or do you think it’s balanced?

Don’t think it matters that much, its just bad in GRB one way or another

I didn’t think it was that bad. I’ve even managed to get 8 kills with him before being taken down. The problem is that he gets taken down extremely frequently. 🤔

It’s already 8.0 in GRB isn’t it?