Does the Abrams have a spall liner? No from what I could find

Most people are like why are you complaining? I’m just like… Because i want to play a fair game? Lol

1 Like

The M1 is the most survivable tank without spall liners. It’s just that there’s a massive gap between those with, and those without spall liners.

Probably something along these lines:

S: Leo 2A7V, Strv 122B+
A: T-90M
B: …
C: M1A2 SEP
D: Merkava Mk 4M, Ariete AMV, T-72B3, etc.

3 Likes

i remember the IS 6 bouncing ATGMs.

i could have sworn they fixed the 30F26 YEARS AGO! GAIJIBBLES TOLD ME THEY DID…

I actually find the Merkavas WAY more survivable than the Abrams.

I can’t recall the last time I did not die in 1-2 shots on an Abrams. On the Merkavas however, sometimes, I can take shots like a sponge, even with their clearly underperforming armor. I can even record and upload examples.

Among the tanks I have, the only one I find consistently less survivable than the Abrams is the Leclerc, and the Type 10s are maybe on par with the Abrams. But all other MBTs I have (basically every single one except for the Arietes and Chinese ones) are more survivable than the Abrams.

6 Likes

Source: Trust me Bro.

2 Likes

I think they are saying that of all the tanks without spall liners, the M1 is the most survivable. I’d assume the source is himself because he has over 600 combined matches in different Abrams variants, and an extremely good KD in the M1A1.

The only reason the Merkavas are as survivable as they are is because they are pretty rare to see/face, so the average player will see a merkava once every blue moon and think “where shoot?”

I’m slightly inclined to agree with necrons that the Abrams is more survivable than the Ariete, Type 10, Leclerc, Challenger 2 and Merkava. However I wouldn’t be sure about how much more survivable.

1 Like

His K/D ratio doesnt have anything to do with Abrams survivability, thats just shows he’s exceptionally good with those vehicles.

I also saw players who has 5+ K/D ratio with Ariete series, does that mean Ariete family is also one of the best tank series when it comes to survivability? Ofc not.

M1 series doesnt have better survivability compare to other tanks that doesnt have Spall Liners, this is coming from someone who plays with multiple nations.

2 Likes

That and the Massive engine doesn’t make spall until the projectile exists out of the engine, this ensures the driver will always survive and that only 2 crew will die if someone shoots in the wrong spot.

Wait did they not fix the engine spalling? I thought they did a while ago…

it just create spall when the dart leaves it, and it makes too much spall at that.

So that explains why when a dart went through the right side, it killed my loader somehow through a left side penetration lol (and a low shot placement at that). I thought I was just loosing my mind since they said they fixed it at some point.

what-meme-200-x-234-gif-7bodabretlagzzha

2 Likes

All documents and sources say that the Abrams has a spall-liner.

not really mate not one on the inner most of the tank

1 Like

It’s part of the armor, not everyone got the same kind of technologie when it comes to certain things.

Yeah how is that gonna stop spall made after that liner is my point

1 Like

Engineers figured it out, i’m not known on this matter but there’s people can tell you, maybe go back to the devlopement post there’s people there explain it.

i doubt it

1 Like