Do Something about the Bot players Please!

Solve something like advanced CAPTCHA (none of that text-based stuff that bots might easily bypass) while waiting in queue. If they fail, they get removed from the queue. Also have random advanced CAPTCHAs on game startup. If you fail, then you can’t log in.

I know that sounds tedious to some, but not only will it reduce the naval bots so prevalent nowadays, but even mitigate the emerging bots in ground and air battles.

5 Likes

Because they buy premium vehicles. That’s really it. Gaijin cares very little about the naval mode anyway.

6 Likes

True, but the air base bomb bots and groundcap bots mostly use premiums now too, we just see them in naval RB more because it started there and player counts are lower. P2W? P2B, anyway.

But yeah, any real ban now would necessarily cut into that “20% paying players” group. Look at some of their accounts, it’s a LOT of premiums bought over a lot of years.

2 Likes

agreed, they exist in EVERY mode now, and naval is a lost cause cuz of them

2 Likes

I do remember one of the tech guys on the old forms said something that he had managed to acquire one of the bot programs and had sent it in so they could have a look at the program and work out how to counter these program.

Then again if it is a program that is in control why not just have some program that scans your system if an input is not made on the key board after a while?

The “community” marked it… lol…

We can’t talk about China.

7 Likes

They are using ChatGPT plugins now.

Changing the helena repair cost to 6k had no impact, bots still make up about 70% of players. Since gaijin wont want to ban paying customers maybe they need mode specific bans, generally players exploiting in naval or air SB modes have zero interest in actually playing those modes. Just hand out 12 month bans for those specific game modes and let them keep playing in ground or air RB which is where they spend all the SL they farm.

1 Like

one way to counter a bot on gaijin side is to check the amount of input coming from the key board since and if they detect not a lot of input say in 2 minutes the game should scan the user side for any other programs.

While I hate script users, if they do smth to them it will be as hard to get into the battle as on other brs outside of Moffets/Des Moneyes/Helenas swamp.

I dont care about the wait time I would rather wait for a match that is in the BR im playing rather than one im not or full of bot script players.

2 Likes

I think the latest fix may have removed alot of the player farm bots, im seeing more then just the helena and des moins premiums now, ive faced more tech tree ships in my last 3 games than i had in a week of playing, i dont know if they are actual players or gaijin bots, but ill take gaijin techtree bots over the same old helena premium spam anyday of the week,

2 Likes

wouldnt be so sure

Naval is a cash cow because of them!!

Even using the low-rank-crew dodgy unarmoured French cruisers I’m making bucketloads!

2 Likes

sooo no news or any mods or dev guys saying anything to us -_- probably working on shorting these forms out more.

Implement a limit per Nalval RB battle on Moffets, Helenas and other popular farming ships. These days only Moffets are playing in any given battle. Hardly any other ships are present. This kills Naval RB mode.

2 Likes

Oh, absolutely. And personally I’m fine with waiting even a few minutes in a queue to find a match in Moffett/Helena, if it means that while playing other ships in that BR range it won’t be just a spam of other Moffetts/Helenas. Or don’t let people spawn it, if there’s more than X vessels of the same type in the game (which you could also extend to CAS in GRB - no more plane or heli spawns if there’s more than X of them in the match already).

And it should be game-wide, as there are modes and BRs where 1 vehicle dominates - e.g. F-5C, etc.

I cringe everytime i see players with 1000+ mathces in the USS Moffett. THE tell-tale sign og botting.

1 Like

i tend to look at players who only bring one ship with them and when I see them with more deaths then actual kills which doesn’t seem like a person player im like this guy is a bot script…report.

Unless it ends up hurting their bottom line, im not sure much will be done, sadly… as many of these accounts in question have multiple premium packs at the least… compare that to a f2p non-purchase (hypothetical fyi) account, despite any violations of user agreement.

I would like to think that plans are in the process to try to mitigate the amount we see, but it may just be a pipe dream… idk

1 Like