Display of aircraft and purchasable hangers & bases

[Would you like to see this in-game?]
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

To fellow WT fans

With how beautifully aircraft / naval / tanks are presented in War Thunder I have a great idea to admire them further. Not only aircraft but tanks and ships as well. The idea I bring forward is to have purchasable hangers, bases and ports to display your vehicles in different locations and hanger types. Even to have one large hanger displaying 10 aircraft from all crew slots like a museum with camera going around looking at all aircraft whilst not doing anything at main screen. Also the ability to click on the aircraft and view them where they are located and the option to custom place your aircraft in selected areas that you want that are made allocated along side diorama slots. For example the airfield currently to click on the aircraft visible in hanger and view it in that location just like clicking on the premium vehicle visible. Displaying aircraft lined up on WW2 style bases to modern airfields with general diorama around ground crew as they are already. Another example naval ports having your ships docked and tied around port in Pearl Harbour like you see flying around in test flight for US. Airfields and bases can be made from maps already available with a more detailed aspect for display with ground crews ect and purchasable with GE, 1 as part of battle pass and others part of events for example.

What would be next level on this topic is test flight from the purchased airfield you own and everything is based at that airfield. On take off seeing your tanks and other aircraft located around on display like test flight on Russian base seeing bombers / fighter lined up.

I came up with idea because I have a glass display cabinet at home loaded with Hobby Master die cast aircraft that I like to admire.

Hope the War Thunder team take even some of the ideas for development

Wasn’t entirely sure where to post this as this is my first actual post.

Cheers guys

7 Likes

YES! THIS IS WHAT WE NEED! This and being able to walk around in hanger! You can have my +1! Hell, you can have my +10000000000000

How much GE are you thinking though??

6 Likes

Great idea +1

1 Like

A walk walk around mode would be an awesome addition too 3rd person as a pilot of the era WW2 to modern

2 Likes

You can already do this with the CDK to modify maps and create custom hangers.
“Walking around” can be accomplished with some video card software. [

NVIDIA Ansel

](NVIDIA Ansel Available Now In War Thunder)

1 Like

I am aware of this, haven’t tried it yet tho. Where I was coming from is the ability to do it in the main screen where you see your vehicles before any match. Just click the option for it and walk around your planes/ tanks/ ships. Would be good to see size compared to your pilot. Imagine walking around the port where your ships are. Wow 😮 massive lol

1 Like

I guess the price in GE would be up to WT developers as the to level of effort they put into it otherwise wouldn’t be worth it for them. A fair price I think would be 1500 GE or close to? We’d all like it to be cheap as chips or even free but just trying to be realistic? What you think?

Should provide concept art on how it could be implemented.

I wish I was good enough to do that. Let’s see if someone has the skill to draw it up

Yes, have a clearer reference to compare the scales of different aircraft models would be fantastic. How many of you knew that a P-61 is almost the same size as a B-25?

2 Likes

Wouldn’t be that hard. Take a snapshot of different custom fan-made hangars.
Then draw even if its a crude GUI with 2 arrows and a button below each of the hangar names of you purchasing it. Sorry if you thought i meant a video.

I start to have a look on google and WT live at user created hangers. It’s already a good start in the right direction but for me being a PS5 console player all of this content is out of reach just like marketplace also. Need a system that works for the game itself purchasable in game so that console players can also access it. I think I described it as best I could in words so far lol. I’ll try give it a go drawing it up at some point when I get the time but hopefully someone much more skilled at it can interpret and draw up the idea I suggested. Others suggestions in these comments are a great add on to it 🤙🏻

lol

Looks similar…

Btw +1.

2 Likes

Lol

1 Like

We could walk around the hangars for years until Gaijin broke it a couple years ago after the 10th anniversary

2 Likes

I wasn’t referring to the marketplace. The Hangars and such shouldn’t be a marketplace exclusive.

2 Likes

Sweet idea! I know custom hangers are already a thing, but expanded functionality for them would be pretty sweet to have.

1 Like