Discussion on ZTZ99A model errors in game

you missed a part.
it’s a V shape cpmtaining 2 blocks
together they filled the nera. The triangle hole is used to keep the nera thickness homogenic

1 Like

I didn’t see it in the game.
I can see two parts in the turret of WZ1001. But there is only one in the 99A turret.
TZ says it does not accept data mining. So how to handle it is Gaijin’s matter.

hit the turret higher, it will pen through the first block and reach the second

1 Like

yea,but the main issue is that LOS close to 650mm only has an equivalent thickness of 350mm.
see how Gaijin handles this evidence.

1 Like

ok, I will include this picture in the report.

There is another issue, when shooting at the bottom gap, Remove the 250mm gain brought by ERA. NERA only has 100mm .

1 Like

it’s the armor plate, 20mm+65mm, there are detailed calculating process in the issue I post before.

1 Like

Maybe we can discuss this directly in the forum? And not discussed in this topic. It’s just that in this topic, most people don’t know about the hitbox model error.

1 Like

then we need a new thread, concerning this but new. There was a thread about this problem, but closed and merged into this, because it’s still “model errors”

1 Like

If the previous thread got taken down and then the discussion came over to this one i would keep on posting here. Scattering similar issues about the same tank in different posts won’t be ideal since it is, as far as i can understand from the context, a hitbox issue.

2 Likes

Regarding the underperforming UFP armor, should another thread be created, or still use this one?

Welp, have to say. The weaker the vehicle, the more cautious the player will be when playing with it, and then camping, resulting in higher efficiency, Gaijin won’t buff those vehicles anymore, until no one wants to play with those garbage, such as ZTZ99A, VT4, WZ1001, Leclerc, Ariete. They even have higher winrate than Russian, Germany and U.S., Everyone knows why except Gaijin :(

And spall liners when?

Personally, since we’re still talking about an issue of the same vehicle, i would still use this thread to keep all of the “model/internal modelling” issues together.

1 Like

congrats on being a forum moderator!

3 Likes

If Gaijin is willing to give 6.7 second reload as indicated by the Thai manual for 99A, WZ1001, and VT-4A1 I would not be so dissatisfied. They would be much more playable despite the existing issues. But that doesn’t mean to give up on fixing inaccuracies with Chinese top tier. All I can say is that with future additions bug reports need to be issued earlier without any hesitation, preferably right after the dev server drops so that they do not get ignored later. I suggest the community to gather sources starting now and compile them. I hope to not see the day when ZTQ-15 drops and we are left with 7.1 second reload in live server.

3 Likes

The community did a decent job with J-10A, it is one of the more accurate additions in regards to China (although there are still some inaccuracies) but it is mostly true to life. The most egregious error is the inability to fire PL-5 and it should use PL-8B, although they did somewhat justify it in a later statement. Other than that it is issues with the HUD/cockpit view.

3 Likes

It’s no longer a matter of loading time.
Gaijin is intentionally ignoring all issues related to 99A.
ignore turret hit box issues.
Intentional reduction hull armor KE.
and completely disregard the suggestions for BR adjustment.

4 Likes

Gaijin and some people: I think the armor of VT4 and 99A is very good.

Wasn’t the Thai manual just for the VT-4?

1 Like

So you mean the manual only applies to VT-4? If you believe that there is a significant difference in the loading time of VT-4 compared to other MBT in China, please provide evidence.
You have not provided any sources about the loading time. We cannot accept a report based on guesswork.

2 Likes