Discussion of Potential Finnish and Swedish ground vehicles

Finnish upgraded BA-10 95hp Ford V8 could be worth suggesting. It was relatively numerous vehicle after all. At highest the strength was 24 units, though that doesn’t mean the total amout used or captured. I think the normal variant would worth adding into Soviet TT. There were over 3000 of those made compared to just 17 BA-11s.

3 Likes

Here is an idea I’ve had for a while. There is a prototype version of the Bkan, it’s still around even and can be viewed at Arsenalen armour military museum in Strängnäs. Could either be a premium or just a lower rating alternative right before the Bkan 1C.

1 Like

The AKV 151? Idk i think itd be cool but with even less speed and it spawns like the Archer it would be very frustrating to play. The bkan is semi decent in speed but its also not the kranvagn chasis and rather a extended strv 103 iirc

Speed is nice, but there is plenty of slow vehicles in this game, sometimes being slow is just something we have to deal with. An alternative would of course to make it premium, that way it’s kinda up to each and one of us if really want to play it. Incidentally Sweden also has zero tier 4 premium vehicles, so this one could fill that gap.

Speaking of Archer and derp guns. Archer (Artillerisystem 08) has a direct fire mode, so could be added to the list as well as a potential candidate.

Unfortunately the bkan turret can be penned by 50 cal so if it doesnt have speed to get away its dead. Also with the engine pointing right at the enemy you’re basically the normal bkan but slower. Its a cool vehicle but i can only see it being frustrating as hell to play

Where do you get the idea that it would be slower? Akv 151 would be faster than the bkan 1, not slower. It was built on the hull of the Krv and had a 700 HP V12 engine and a maximum speed of 54 km/h. Also gets a roof MG. If anything it would be at a higher BR. The slower alternative would be bkan 1A which would have reduced HP but actually gets a roof MG

2 Likes

I just assumed so since Phenix mentioned it, but if it’s faster then that’s great.

Cause the chasis is abale to bounce is3 shells and would weigh substantially more. I domt k ow if i still have the akav 151 drive documents but i remember them having movement problems

The official data sheet gives the weight of akv 151 as 50.8 tonnes. That’s compared to the 53 tonnes of the bkan 1. Akv 151 has a p/w ratio of 13.8 while the bkan 1C has a ratio of 11.1. Iirc bkan 1 was also limited to not put strain on the chassis so you can see why akv 151 would be faster

Iirc the chassi used for the akan had its armor removed for the project so it would not be able to bounce the 122 sadly. Looking at images it even seems like the cannon was mounted backwards on the chassi so the frontplates would have been in the back.

It was mounted backwards so that the barrel would be over the main chassis to make it shorter. As for the armor i believe you are referring to the hydronuematic test done with the Kranvagn 2nd chassis which was the basis for the strv 103 aiming system.

Idk to me it feels weird that they would remove the armor for the tests just to ad it back again. The chassi is in the arsenalen museum rn and it has all the armor on it. So either the testbed had the armour or they just put it back after they tested it.

Anyone else think this tank is the same as this one?

Spoiler

Finland captured a 2nd KV armed with the F-32 cannon, after breaking the track with a satchel charge it was repaired and ordered to return to finnish lines for a full repair. Unfortunately the crew was ambushed and a demolitions charge mounted on the vehicle before they left was detonated to prevent the soviets from capturing it.

Notice the turret applique armor and the roof mounted mg mount. Not to mention the missing driver and machine gun port. Additionally the hull armor plate seems to have been ripped off bybthe explosion.

1 Like

Yes the images appear to be of the same vehicle, I see the same applique armor, commander’s MG mount, wooden pole in background, cobblestone path, and hit markings on the turret and LFP.

And FYI, this is the F-32 gun found on the KV-1E/B, not the L-11.

My bad, thanks for the update, its hard finding info for this since the documents of the 26th antitank Battalion are kinda all over the place. Seems like whoever was writing the events down was in a hurry to do so.

Though have you ever seen a KV with just the frontal turret armor?

Not that I can remember, although judging by the unusual thickness I guess this example is an unstandard field modification of sorts.

Yeah, additionally its rare to see KV’s with the roof mounted mg (this one just has the mount)

All the more surprising to me that Gaijin decided to grant one to the Finnish KV-1A, I wonder if the Soviet version will receive the same.

I already asked Smin why the KV-1A has it and his response was because it can. Makes me wonder if the soviet model will be lacking one so they have a slight difference

Also the in the video for it it fights a panther F like what? Makes me worried my prediction of it being 5.0 is true

1 Like